Faint horizontal line?

A week and a half late (day 34 since start of last period-I'm always 25), no birth control(s), experiencing symptoms (especially mood swings), bought a hpt last night (equate) dipped it in a clean cup of first morning urine waited 3 minutes like the directions said, found out the round window's horizontal line was suuuper faint. I really didn't see it there until I shown a flashlight on it.
I know a line is a line but let's say that I am, would the vertical line be even fainter than the horizontal, or could it be darker?
Could it have been defective by any chance?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:05 AM on Mar. 6, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Well it should say on the box even a faint line is a positive.. but i don't trust the pee tests because i had 3 false negatives... so i'd go in and get a blood test done to be completely sure
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 3:33 AM on Mar. 6, 2010

• A faint line is a positive, but you may also be misreading a negative since you only saw it with a flashlight. Here is how to tell. A faint colored line (blue or pink depending on test) is a positive, but a faint colorless line (gray) is a ghost line, also called an evaporation line, and is a negative.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 2:50 PM on Mar. 6, 2010