What do you think?

“The danger to America is not Barack Obama but a citizenry capable of entrusting a man like him with the presidency.

It will be easier to limit and undo the follies of an Obama presidency than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their president.
The problem is much deeper and far more serious than Mr. Obama, who is a mere symptom of what ails us. Blaming the prince of the fools should not
blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince.
The republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their
president.”

Carpy

Asked by Carpy at 3:47 AM on Mar. 6, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Who said it?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:54 AM on Mar. 6, 2010

• It was in USA today and author unknown.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 4:03 AM on Mar. 6, 2010

• I think it's very similar to one of my all time favorite quotes. "In a democracy, for good or ill, the people get the government they deserve".

I take it the person quoted in your question feels that currently it's for ill, but that we are getting what we deserve.

sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 5:09 AM on Mar. 6, 2010

• Well Carpy if it was in USA today, you should have stated that in your question.

However, it is your intent to insult those who voted for Obama, as usual.

This is why people reply back to you with nasty remarks.
    Was it an editorial? Your opinions belong in a journal not here on debate,
    I voted for Obama. I'm not happy with everything he is doing, nor did I expect him to clean up this mess in one year.
    I'm no fool! I find your questions and comments insulting.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:02 AM on Mar. 6, 2010

• I have my own quote :     "The danger to America is not President Obama ,but President  " wanna-be  Palin " with her fear mongering tactics!**************I did not vote for Obama ,so save your insults!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:08 AM on Mar. 6, 2010

• SPOT ON!!! It still amazes me that just a few liberal cities (due to the number of voters--registered or otherwise (wink::wink)--can "carry" an entire state, resulting in a win for the liberal/Democratic candidate--when the MAJORITY of the United States is Republican/conservative!

http://philhardwickblog.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/2008_election_map-counties.jpg

However, come 2012...I'm predicting A LOT more red states (or "TEA" golden brown)!! LOL

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:13 AM on Mar. 6, 2010

• I do agree. IMO, many people that have not paid attention to politicians in the past and I think a lot of people expected him to deliver on his promises. If people have not paid attention in the past they wouldn't have a basic understanding that all politicians lie to get what they want and they throw their voters under the bus as soon as they get elected. Obama is no different and anyone that has watched politics in the past would have understood that.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:15 AM on Mar. 6, 2010

• "The danger to America is not President Obama ,but President " wanna-be Palin " with her fear mongering tactics!*

***
    LMAO!! You DO realize that Palin was running for VICE PRESIDENT?! You know, filling the role that dementia-laden JOE BIDEN is currently filling?! has anyone seen him recently?! LOL.

And, I find it H-I-L-A-R-I-O-U-S that even with Palin no longer holding a political title, she STILL has liberals on their heels!!! If she's such a moron, why are still watching her EVERY move?!?!? LOL :oP
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:15 AM on Mar. 6, 2010

• As an Obama supporter, I hope Palin runs again for president! I'm NOT watching her every move, the media can't get enough of her!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:29 AM on Mar. 6, 2010

• Carpy, I agree with anon 8:02. I am by no means a fool.

Answer by older at 8:29 AM on Mar. 6, 2010