How would you handle it?

My 12 yo had 2 school work/papers missing on Powerschool site where you can track your childs lessons/tests etc. She says she turned them in but the teacher is not finding them and if they aren't found she will get an F on both which will bring her grade down especially since there are two. Would you go to the teacher or let your 12 yo deal with the consequences himself?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:45 AM on Mar. 6, 2010 in General Parenting

• I'd make them do them again. Either they are lying about having turned it in or the teacher did lose it.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 4:53 AM on Mar. 6, 2010

• I'd go to the teacher, if you believe your child then he will need support getting it settled...
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 6:08 AM on Mar. 6, 2010

• I would let a twelve year old handle this. If the work was done on a computer, there is a timestamp of when it was saved.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:33 AM on Mar. 6, 2010

• She needs to redo the assignments & turn them in. If she wants to accuse her teacher of losing the paper, then let her. But don't get involved in it.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 8:17 AM on Mar. 6, 2010

• well since I know my daughter lies about homework....I'd listen to the teacher.

I talk to the teacher, find out the work to be done, and supervise my daughter while she does it. then I will write a note (in PEN) in her agenda letting teacher know that work is done and will be handed in.

just reason with your dd - well the work went missing, lets do it over again, what's it going to hurt if she does the work again? it will just take time, and then you're happy, teacher is happy and your dd won't fail.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 11:49 AM on Mar. 6, 2010

• Tell her to redo the assignments and ask the teacher [very politely] if she can turn them in for half credit. Kissing ass and cutting deals in school can get you a very long way. Just keeping it 100.
    BaisMom

Answer by BaisMom at 12:15 PM on Mar. 6, 2010

• Answer too school work. If your child done the homework then she will have no problem in explaining the detail formatted question and answer...Ask her to tell you what exactly was her assignment...and if this is acceptable to you. Then go directly to higher personnal in charge of your childs school...Retracing all fact is a easier ways to solutions...Coming out a head....
    brendabarretto

Answer by brendabarretto at 1:56 PM on Mar. 6, 2010

• Go to the teacher see if it can be made up. If it continues happening there is another issue besides a mistake.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 5:36 AM on Mar. 7, 2010