Has anyone had this happen to them before in early pregnancy?

I am 10 weeks roughly and I was putting dishes away and reloading the dish washer and started getting a painful cramp, I had to pee so bad the water running wasn't helping so I ran to the bathroom and as soon as I tried to pee I had this very painful cramp that made me cry out. I am not hurting now but I was just wondering if anyone else had that happen? What could it be? Could it be an UTI?

Mrs.Owen86

Asked by Mrs.Owen86 at 5:32 AM on Mar. 6, 2010 in Pregnancy

• No that doesn't sound normal at all .. its normal to have cramping but not that would make u cry out... if there wasn't blood when u pee'd u should be ok.. i'd still talk to a ob about it
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 6:02 AM on Mar. 6, 2010

• No , no blood, just some discharge as usual. IT just hurt so bad and felt better when I went pee.
    I will talk to one as soon as I have one. I still have to wait for our new insurance to kick in. When we moved for the transfer we found out after we got here that Philly Drs don't take UHC, noone told us we had to change :(
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 6:04 AM on Mar. 6, 2010

• might have been gas... you should not hold your pee that long either that can cause problems just like a uti and contractions.. pee when you need to
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 7:47 AM on Mar. 6, 2010

• I had horrible cramps throughout the first trimester with my second pregnancy. I even had some bleeding. I was convinced I was miscarrying, but everything turned out fine. I asked a friend about it, and she said she experienced the same thing.

I would still call the doctor if this is new for you. Better safe than sorry. GL!
    Anonymous