Tell me what I already know...

So I have a wonderful marriage to the most perfect man and i'd never want any different.. except... my first 'love' or my little teen drama is still following me around... sort of .. we were like the it couple.. always together and then apart and breaking each others hearts and then making up and .. good stuff.. but even since i was married and in a relationship and had a kid i still talked to him every once in a while before we fought about the past and didn't talk for months.. well its been a couple months .. and i've just been waiting for a word from the ex.. because he swore he'd never talk to me again but that never sticks.. but tonight i gave in.. just asked him a question not trying to have a conversation.. sort of..

what is my issue? I mean i know i like the drama, the attention, i like having that part of my past .. sort of.. i don't know.. is it normal or am i still stuck? I'd never marry him-i'm in it for the chase

Jan0609momma

Asked by Jan0609momma at 5:56 AM on Mar. 6, 2010 in Relationships

• I think you're playing with fire. Look at it like this - how do you think your dh would feel if he knew you were doing this, because you basically liked the rush of the fights and the making up and the whole drama thing with this guy?

Or, you could look at it like this - how would YOU feel if you found out there was this girl who had been this big romantic part of his life, that they dated, then they would break up, then she would call, or he would call, and they were back together, etc. AND - that it was STILL going on, even though you're married, because he's flattered by the attention and enjoys the chase?

Would you be hurt or mad? Do you think he would be hurt or mad? Honestly, I think if you keep this up, even if you don't ever actually sleep with him or anything like that, you're going to cause a lot of harm to your marriage.

I don't mean that mean, but honestly, this is not a good idea.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 6:13 AM on Mar. 6, 2010