Does he do this...?

Does your partner or husband go out with his friends all the time even when you say no, and come home completely drunk? I am about to throw in the towel if you know what I mean.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:14 AM on Mar. 6, 2010 in Relationships

• I would never tell my husband that he can't do something

. If you tell him no then thats probably why he goes so much.
    gulfcoastmom4

Answer by gulfcoastmom4 at 8:08 AM on Mar. 6, 2010

• Oh, no gulfcoastmom.....I don't think that is right! A husband should care what his wife thinks and not disregard her feelings about something like this! I don't know these two people, and I agree that no spouse should boss the other one around or limit their activities....WITHIN REASON. But a marriage is not supposed to be one person home upset and the other one out partying on a regular basis! I had that fight for years, actually....and all the while I was fighting FOR my marriage and family, not AGAINST my husband! I just wanted a nice normal family....I wanted to be my own husband's priority AND I wanted more family time. So...we fought and struggled and eventually he said he wasn't happy and left me! Of course we weren't happy...he wasn't putting any energy into the marriage at all! How could we be happy? But...my point is that I was FAR from controlling. I was actually more than reasonable and fair.
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 9:19 AM on Mar. 6, 2010

• He used to... Now it's only every now and then... since I quit fussing about it :-)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:33 AM on Mar. 6, 2010

• Well.. I told my husband I didn't want him drinking when he's out DJing because his best friend told me he got really drunk and kissed some girl. He says it never happened... uhg.. But he's still drinking at work. And one night he smelled HORRIBLE of alcohol and i asked him if he was drunk, he was acting it. And when i went with him the next time he DJed this guy came up and said "man you were so wasted last time i saw you". and hes like "no i wasn't, your full of shit." So i confronted him again infront of the guy that works with him and the guy said he wasn't drunk.. but who says he wouldnt just back his friend up..... it makes me so mad.
    MJ_BN_FE

Answer by MJ_BN_FE at 9:34 AM on Mar. 6, 2010

• I've learned if I tell my hubby he can't do something... he will do it just to show me he can.
    But... he knew before he married me that drinking wouldn't be something I want to live with so I've never had to deal with him coming home drunk and only a couple of times in almost 17 years have I smelt beer on him.
    I couldn't deal with it, but I don't know what I'd do if my hubby didn't care how it made me feel. Lucky for me mine goes to work and comes home, if he goes anywhere else, for the most part me and the kids go with him.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 10:14 AM on Mar. 6, 2010

• Nooooooo. We did go through a period of this several years ago though. It was a time that we were fighting constantly and he was apparently really stressed out by it and simply did not want to come home. It was quite miserable but thank God one day he just snapped out of it. Hasn't been out drinking at all since.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:14 AM on Mar. 6, 2010

• My husband stopped doing this in high school. I did not put up with his drinking so he stopped way before we got married.

It is time for him to grow up. So put your foot down and tell him no more!
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 10:17 AM on Mar. 6, 2010

• my ex did, and that's why he's my ex. my SO would never go out if i were uncomfortable with it. we go out together, because i don't see the point of going out separate when someone is in a relationship, to me it's just asking for trouble. there are times when we go out separately with friends for dinner or lunch and a few drinks, but not to go get smashed!
    kyuteangl88

Answer by kyuteangl88 at 12:25 PM on Mar. 6, 2010