would you let your son sleep naked?

i know it's weird. he's 5, i said no and dad said yes. so he got to one night and i didnt know how i felt about it. open for suggestions!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:20 AM on Sep. 19, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I would let him.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 8:25 AM on Sep. 19, 2008

• We sleep..in the buff here. The boys started sleeping in just boxers around age 5. As teens the started the in the nude thing. It wasn't a big deal to me as long as they were modest in the rest of the house. I tried hard to make their rooms their comfort zone. No meaning tous, tvs and such...an emotional comfort zone.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:26 AM on Sep. 19, 2008

• Why wouldn't you? What's wrong with it? Why teach him to be ashamed of his body? I've got three girls, and we all sleep in the nude when we feel like it. It's not a big deal. Most of the day they don't even realize if they're naked or not. When I put clothes on, they're all like "Where are you going, Mommy?" lol. Nudeness isn't a big deal here. Of course we are all females so maybe it's a little different.
    Sadie85

Answer by Sadie85 at 8:40 AM on Sep. 19, 2008

• id let him
    krouzer

Answer by krouzer at 8:43 AM on Sep. 19, 2008

• I would let him. My son is 6 and sleeps in his underwear. If he wanted to sleep naked I would let him as long as he was in his own room/bed and didn't prance around the house nude in front of the rest of our family.
    KennsWifey

Answer by KennsWifey at 9:08 AM on Sep. 19, 2008

• All of my kids sleep naked. We are pretty open with nudity around here. The human body is beautiful and nothing to be ashamed of. If they want to sleep naked OR wear pajamas its up to them. My older daughter keeps pjs next to her bed in case of fire lol.
    belladonna777

Answer by belladonna777 at 9:26 AM on Sep. 19, 2008

• My son is 4 and sleeps naked sometimes.
    jaysmommy08

Answer by jaysmommy08 at 9:28 AM on Sep. 19, 2008

• I used to sleep nude .... Until i got to thinking about how embarassing it would be to be swept out of the House by a tornado or have to be recused due to fire ..... LOL but really i would let him ....
    tweetyfan

Answer by tweetyfan at 9:33 AM on Sep. 19, 2008

• My boys..(my dh, 2 and 6 yr olds) all sleep in their underwear (or diaper). They REFUSE to wear clothes. In fact, the boys rarely wear clothes at home. If I dress them, they are stripped within an hour. COmpletely naked might unnerve me...LOL....My older son is a bed wetter and my two yr old is not PT yet, so they sleep as naked as they can get.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 9:39 AM on Sep. 19, 2008

• My son asks me every night if he can sleep in his underwear. I tell him yes but my husband says no...which I think is odd, but anyway. I tell him as long as he's in his own bed alone and when he gets up puts at least pants on he can sleep however way he wants.*shhh we don't let Daddy know that* My son tends to only do it on nights that are warm in his room.
    jmdupl

Answer by jmdupl at 9:44 AM on Sep. 19, 2008