My Baby is addicted to the SWING!

She's 3.5 months old. I have times of the day when I play with her (out of the swing) and we go out for walks (I try for once a day). How do I wean her? She likes to nap in it, She wants to sleep in it at night, and I try to get her to sleep in her bassinet, about to be crib, But sometimes it's just easier to let her sleep there so I can sleep.

.carrie.

Asked by .carrie. at 8:29 AM on Mar. 6, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• its perfectly ok for her to fall asleep in the swing.. but for her to be there for the entire time she is sleeping im not so sure. it might not be so good for her back. especially at night. maybe you could try co sleeping with her.
    after she falls asleep you could let her be there for a bit till she reaches a deeper level of sleep before shifting her.
    happymum2010

Answer by happymum2010 at 8:41 AM on Mar. 6, 2010

• Try to swaddle her still, my DD loved her swing but it was because she liked everything being very closely held and the swing did that as well
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:50 AM on Mar. 6, 2010

• I let my LO sleep in the swing a lot in those first 6 months. She had no trouble moving to a crib for naps when she got a little older. I say do whatever you need to do right now to get some sleep and deal with the rest later!
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 12:07 PM on Mar. 6, 2010

• My dd was the same way up until about 5 or 6 months. I just kept trying other things, but using the swing when nothing else worked. We always turned the swing off as soon as she fell asleep, and when she was sleeping deeply we'd move her to her crib (I swaddled her before I put her in the swing so she'd be ready for the crib when I took her out). She gradually needed it less and less, and she gave it up on her own.
    Anonymous

• the Swing is your friend.
    repeat this mantra...
    ruejacobs

Answer by ruejacobs at 12:47 PM on Jul. 22, 2010