Would you avoid being close friends with someone 10 years older or younger than yourself?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:50 AM on Mar. 6, 2010 in Just for Fun

• younger..yes.I wouldn't feel like I had much in common with someone 27 outside of family members.
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 8:54 AM on Mar. 6, 2010

• I'm a grown up, would feel funny with a ten year old.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:57 AM on Mar. 6, 2010

• no
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 8:58 AM on Mar. 6, 2010

• Maybe younger, that would make them 17, I can't imagine we'd have much in common. Older no, in fact my hubby is quite a bit older than I am.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:03 AM on Mar. 6, 2010

• No, not if I felt comfortable with them and we found things in common. My neighbour is 10 years younger and we get on well.
    jackdaw

Answer by jackdaw at 9:03 AM on Mar. 6, 2010

• Nope
    ldsdragonmom

Answer by ldsdragonmom at 9:06 AM on Mar. 6, 2010

• No. My best friends are actually all in their early-mid 30's and I am 43. My 4 closest friends are 24, 34, 36 and 39. I have known the 24yo since she was 14 when she went to school with my oldest son and she is now an adult with a child and we are close friends. My other 34 and 36yo friends I have known for 10 and 8 years (since I was 33 and 35 and they were 24 and 28) and my 39yo friend and I have been friends since last July. Age is just a number. My 34, 36 and 39yo friends all have children close in age to mine.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:09 AM on Mar. 6, 2010

• Ten years older, for sure, otherwise I never would have married my husband! He's 16 years older than me! lol Ten years younger...eh probably not. I already feel older than my age and hanging out with 19 year olds would just probably make me feel older.
    Simply_Janeen

Answer by Simply_Janeen at 9:09 AM on Mar. 6, 2010

• I kinda think it's funny, those who say they would be close friends with someone 10 years older than them but not 10 years younger. Do you realize that the person that you're friends with who is older than you, is friends with someone 10 years younger than them? And you guys obviously still have things in common. I can't say I would not be friends with someone solely based on their age. I am 32. I have been friends with someone as young as 19 and as old as 50 (maybe older). I met a girl who was 16 when she got married and her DH joined the military. She was pregnant at the time. I was 29 at the time. Though she was a bit more immature than I was, we still hung out together, chatted, shopped, etc. So no, I don't think age determines who I'm friends with.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 9:11 AM on Mar. 6, 2010

• my husband is 10 years older than me lmao!!!!

my best friend is 8 years younger than me and her boyfriend is my age
    ibebreezy

Answer by ibebreezy at 9:22 AM on Mar. 6, 2010