Why do you think there's more states that allow first-cousin marriage than gay marriage?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:49 AM on Mar. 6, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Because man and women is the norm, but is this anyway to protect the sanctity of marriage??Isn't this a form of incest? very stupid legislature!

Answer by older at 11:07 AM on Mar. 6, 2010

• I agree with Older... add though, that If people would consider what this actually does to the gene pool, and take into account that gays/lesbians are not adding to the gene pool without the assistance of an outside, NON-related source they are doing no damage at all.

And this proves the theory of how the term "Local" became a derogatory statement/label. I know it must sound horrible, but I can tell the "Locals" by sight when I go out somewhere. The ones that were born and bred here for a couple of generations... They all have the "mongoloid" appearance to some degree. (BTW, I live in SC and am NOT local- I'm a "GD Yankee")
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 11:13 AM on Mar. 6, 2010

• I know it must sound horrible, but I can tell the "Locals" by sight when I go out somewhere. The ones that were born and bred here for a couple of generations... They all have the "mongoloid" appearance to some degree.

What an incredibly bigoted statement.  Judgmental and rude, as well. 

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:21 AM on Mar. 6, 2010

• I think that is disgusting. I am pro gay marriage, and I am not gay. This is suppose to be the land of the free and you cant marry someone of the same sex? Marriage is suppose to be about love not I'm a woman and your a man. Marriage between cousins should be forbiden. Its disgusting, wrong, and incest. I could only think of the poor children!
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 11:34 AM on Mar. 6, 2010

• Obby....did you HAPPEN to NOTICE that southern states weren't the ONLY ones on there? As a matter of fact there were only 7 southern states and 17 OTHER ones....maybe there is REASON they call you a GD Yankee......or should they just call you GD ignorant?

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 11:48 AM on Mar. 6, 2010

• We're not going to have even half of the freedoms we have enjoyed our entire lives at the rate this president and administration is going.Gay marriage? pfft not even a drop in the bucket.This administration is busy destroying your childrens future while you worry about this.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:49 AM on Mar. 6, 2010

• As far as the map goes I find that a little odd tho I have to say. When I lived in Cali I took a class in HS that taught that is was illegal for first cousins to marry. I remember thinking WHY would anyone WANT to marry their first cousin! LOL EEWWW. I would like to make one ADDITIONAL point on the gay marriage thing and the south.......has a southern state out it to a vote yet? I don think they have. PRETTY sure its Cali and northern states and THOSE "enlightened" people are the ones that voted it down. Try and keep that in mind......

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 12:00 PM on Mar. 6, 2010

• anon :49
    You are obsessed. Try to stay on topic.
    trippyhippy

Answer by trippyhippy at 12:35 PM on Mar. 6, 2010

• I'd rather legalize gay marriages and keep human DNA out of the shallow end of the gene pool.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 12:55 PM on Mar. 6, 2010

• You did not even respond to the question.All you did was chime in to go at somebody else.lol
    Anonymous