What should we to with our toddler today?

We don't want to go to the zoo or the park, but we want to do something outside. The beach is too far away too. :( It's the only nice day (63 today!) for a week, and we want to get him outside! We go to the park often, and we go to the zoo often, so we want to do something different.

corbysmom531

Asked by corbysmom531 at 11:10 AM on Mar. 6, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Take him on a nature walk. Look at trees, leaves (if there are any where you live) look for insects, birds, other critters, look at the clouds (ask him if he sees any shapes in the cloud), listen for bird calls, insect noises (people noises too). Lara loved these as a toddler (and as a 12year-old she still enjoys them.)
    plclemo

Answer by plclemo at 11:22 AM on Mar. 6, 2010

• Go to Lowes and buy a flower box, some potting soil, let your little one pick out flowers and do a little gardening. It can be their own little project to water and watch grow.
    CaseyErin

Answer by CaseyErin at 11:25 AM on Mar. 6, 2010

• Thanks for the advice ladies! I just talked to my husband, and as soon as he gets off work (at noon) we're going to go to a place about an hour away and hike to the top of a water fall. Very kid friendly and beautiful. With my ankle surgery coming soon, I want to take this opportunity to do something active!
    corbysmom531

Answer by corbysmom531 at 12:32 PM on Mar. 6, 2010