Photography

How do you "water mark" your photos to prevent someone from stealing it???

3jewlz

Asked by 3jewlz at 11:38 AM on Mar. 6, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Hi I just joined today but read your question and thought I would help you out. I am an amateur photographer. I use Picasa to add text to my photographs and you can adjust the transperancy so that it is faint enough not to take away from the picture.

If you are not comfortable downloading Picasa, try using picnik.com and create an account. It's free unless you want to upgrade.

Hope this helps

Vickie P.
    mamakat1967

Answer by mamakat1967 at 12:01 PM on Mar. 6, 2010

• i could help you make an water mark..or you just could write out a pretty name for it..but you have to go to an editing program and fade it or just put it on the photo
    LOVE_mygirls58

Answer by LOVE_mygirls58 at 1:38 PM on Mar. 6, 2010

• Yes, just put the copyright symbol on the photo (if you want...and if you can't find an icon for it, just press "Alt" and then on the number keypad 0, 1, 6, 9 ALL at once. I believe that is the combo to create it. I would at least add UR name and not just the C symbol and lower the opacity if you can. If not, no biggie. UR doing it to protect UR images. That's one of the most important things when UR a photographer at any level.
    my2luvbugs

Answer by my2luvbugs at 10:15 PM on Mar. 8, 2010