6 month old full of problems i feel...

my 6 month old baby has had 2 bad utis both of which he has been hospitalized for, the first one they said he had to of been born with, he has always had some probles with feeding, intake wise and he still isnt capable of eating any kind of baby food-his ped knows its something we a re dealing with, hes gained 5-6 pounds since birth, hes had rotavirus-which he a little more then amonth after his vaccine for(yes im a vaccinating mama so dont judge me on it), he had an ear infection, a cold and a skin infection and also obstructed tear ducts. he got the worst immune system out of all my kids, he been sick more in his 6 months then his 2 yr old brother ever has and his 4 yr old sister.i dont get it..anyone have a baby who was like this, what came to be? you can pm me or leave an answer whichever is better for you, thank you in advance

eSnA2008

Asked by eSnA2008 at 12:07 PM on Mar. 6, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Well I would get a second opinion jus for piece of mind.. My 6 month old son has had 4 ear infection so far and different viruses 3 times. He has 2yr, and 4yr old sisters that more than likely gave him the bugs.. but he should have doubled his birth weight by 6 months. if it were me i would go to another ped...hope all gets better for the lil guy!
    emturner

Answer by emturner at 12:15 PM on Mar. 6, 2010

• wow sorry you have all of that.. are you a breast feeding momma too?
    My daughter was NEVER sick until she started daycare at 1 year... i was ebf so it helped her a lot
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 12:57 PM on Mar. 6, 2010

• Have you considered a cow milk or soy allergy if you are using formula?
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 1:31 PM on Mar. 6, 2010

• i had to stop bf because of some medications i had to start, he does fine with his formula, he eats about 5 oz every 3-5 hours.
    eSnA2008

Answer by eSnA2008 at 1:45 PM on Mar. 6, 2010

• My brother was always a sick baby. He is fine now but gets sick a lot more often than anyone in my family. Lots of ear infections and sinus infections when he was growing up and still till this day.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 10:42 PM on Mar. 6, 2010