baby food

i am starting my dd on baby food i put a little banana baby food in with rice cereal my question is can i refrigerate the left over banana food or do i have to throw it away like formula.p.s my dd is ready to start solids so please don't tell me she is not thank you

sashasmom159

Asked by sashasmom159 at 12:09 PM on Mar. 6, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• if you are feeding her straight out of the container, you aren't supposed to reuse it, but I always did without any problems.

if you're worried about it though, just put 1/2 of what you fix in a different container and feed her out of that.
    Anonymous

• i mix the cereal and the baby food together in a separate bowl and feed her out of that thanks for the tip
    sashasmom159

Answer by sashasmom159 at 12:16 PM on Mar. 6, 2010

• yes i always refigerated leftover babyfood and if it wasn't eaten by the next day i threw it out.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 12:30 PM on Mar. 6, 2010

• It says on the jar it needs to be eaten within a day or two...and if you feed her while your out, like open a jar while your in the mall or the hot car, i probably wouldnt reuse it!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 12:35 PM on Mar. 6, 2010

• i'm sorry, but how on earth is your 3 month old ready for food? you can really hurt her stomach, if not immediately, but in the long run. i would re-think that decision.
    Anonymous

• i said in my post that she is ready and to not say anything you just could not keep your comments to your self could you i bet you are one of those moms who seek perfection.i did not ask if you thought she was ready.ps i am still going to give her the baby food her pediatrician said it was fine

sashasmom159

Answer by sashasmom159 at 8:59 AM on Mar. 7, 2010