What's a good solution to getting rid of acne?

Before you start saying that's a puberty thing, it's not. It's a skin thing, not an age thing. And because I'm pregnant my acne has gotten much worse. Mostly on my back. I've gotten the clearasel pads but those don't seem to work, they just seem to make it worse. Any suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:24 PM on Mar. 6, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• just soap and water... or go in a steam room and then use some type of face wash.. u have to find the right one for you.. maybe if you look at their websites it'll help?
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 12:34 PM on Mar. 6, 2010

• I ended up having to get a perscription when I was pregnant. My acne was really bad. Luckily it cleared up after I had my baby.
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 3:50 PM on Mar. 6, 2010

• it's not a maturity thing at all. Ache is caused by a number of different things, stress, hormonal changes (like being pregnant), food, etc etc etc.

Since you seem to be dealing with a break out now that you are pregnant, it's probably due to the hormonal changes in your body. Obviously we can't fix hormonal changes (like we can diet), so we can treat the underlying issue that is causing you to break out. But there are some things you can use..

try breaking up some asprin and mixing a touch of water with it so it makes a pasty form, then apply it to your break out area.

Toothpaste also is great to put on over top the ones already there for over night treatments.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 8:12 PM on Mar. 6, 2010

• sorry, meant to say, "so we CAN'T treat...." typo
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 8:13 PM on Mar. 6, 2010

• I agree that toothpaste works great for overnight spot treatment. I had adult acne in my late thirties and I used Neutrogena Anti-Blemish Anti-Wrinkle Cleanser. It contains Salicylic Acid, which helps prevent acne, but it doesn't dry out my skin either.
    chocaholic888

Answer by chocaholic888 at 9:45 PM on Mar. 6, 2010

• If you are experiencing acne on your back you might want to talk to your doctor, or your dermatologist. The pores on your back go deeper than the ones on your face which makes it difficult to deliver the needed ingredients. This tends to lead to applying too much product which can over-dry the skin and actually make it worse.
    SabrinaBean

Answer by SabrinaBean at 11:13 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• Have you changed shampoos? I would check out Arbonne's either RE9 body wash or FC5 body wash. really great cleansers that do not dry out your skin. All of our products absorb into your skin, so it will get in there and clean it out.
    marywoz

Answer by marywoz at 1:37 PM on Mar. 10, 2010