How interested/involved in politics were you before the 2008 election? How interested/involved are you now?

If there has been a change...What caused that change?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:30 PM on Mar. 6, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I have been interested in and closely following politics since I was 19 years old--leading up to the first Presidential election I was eligible to vote for--1988 Bush vs. Dukakis. Even though I was a newly registered voter--and a Democrat at that, and Dukakis lived in my hometown, I voted for Bush! LOL Didn;t take me long to figure things out! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 1:35 PM on Mar. 6, 2010

• Probably about the same as i was before, i pay attention to the issues i feel strongly about and try to keep up with the things i have no strong feeling either way on.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:36 PM on Mar. 6, 2010

• I have never ever been involved or intrested
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 1:43 PM on Mar. 6, 2010

• No change - as much before as after. In the grand scheme of things, the 08 election was less stressful. The idea that Kerry and Terezzzzzzzza might have made it to the White House? That was downright terrifying.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:44 PM on Mar. 6, 2010

• Been involved/interested for about a decade prior to the 2008 elections..

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 2:11 PM on Mar. 6, 2010

• Its Funny you ask this I was thinking about this yesterday. I said something to a friend of mine, that I dont speak to often because she lives in another state, about the HC bill. She was an ARDENT Obama supporter an HATED Bush. I asked her what she thought......."ooh I have been to busy to pay attention" So she didnt really care BEFORE and doesnt really care NOW....THAT pisses me off! YOU helped vote this guy in and now you give him free reign without paying attention...thats crap! I have been into politics since Bush one lost to Clinton. I paid close attention to that election even hose I was only 12. I have found it fascinating since then! For the life of me I dont see why ANYONE sees politics as boring! You cant make up the crap they pull!! LOL

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 2:14 PM on Mar. 6, 2010

• I barely knew who the president was before the 2008 elections.

I VERY involved now.
    Anonymous

• I have been very interested in politics since 1960. And extremely interested since 1963.....the powers that be ,behind the scenes , took over government with the assasination of JFK. It hasn't changed.....
    Anonymous

• I had always been involved in politics. My grandmother ran for senate in Florida. So I always wanted to be like my grandmother and paid very close attention to the workings of our government.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 2:30 PM on Mar. 6, 2010

• Have been involved and paying close attention since Harry S Truman.

Obama has been the only president that has scared the hell out of me. All others have loved this ccountry and tried to do what they thought was best for this country. Obama is trying to destroy it.
    Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 3:13 PM on Mar. 6, 2010