How do people manage?

I remember exactly the last time I got my very long hair cut at a beauty parlor. I was 9 mos pregnant over 11 years ago! ! I had someone at the grocery store tell me my stylist should have cut off my split ends the last time I had my hair trimmed. I'm thinking... well since the last time I cut it was only a month or so ago.. I didn't think I was THAT bad. I WISH I had the funds to have someone cut my hair but I don't -that's extravagance -eating right now is more important. How can someone just ask me such a clueless thing?? Am I just old fashioned or what? I mind my OWN business just fine... Just wanted your opinions.. thanks!

momof4kids257

Asked by momof4kids257 at 1:45 PM on Mar. 6, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• even if, she didnt have to point that out. its rude. ur right. if ur gonna point out to every person a little over weight that they are, or a slutty dressed woman that she should dress more modestly, they're going to get offended.
    fefe87

Answer by fefe87 at 1:54 PM on Mar. 6, 2010

• It cost like 8 - 10 bucks to get your hair trimmed.....you can save cans to do that...
    Anonymous

• Honestly I think she was jealous of your long hair. I know mine won't grow long as much as I've tried. People are always ready to put you down for anything if you let them.
    Anonymous

• If it only costs 8 to 10 bucks to trim your hair how come they charge me for " excessive long hair"? just wondering if they'd made something up or it is for real... hmm got me wondering now. by the way its below my waist and very thick... I always thought the one place that I did manage to go into was like all places... it was a supposed to be anyhow... a under 20 bucks cut over the phone and when I got done (11 yrs ago that is) the bill was over 60 bucks. that's why I haven't been back.
    momof4kids257

Answer by momof4kids257 at 5:05 PM on Mar. 6, 2010

• as far as funding goes.. try going into a cosmetology school in your area. a shampoo and trim at ours is only $5.00(tax included). Doesn't include a style out/blow dry, but it's for any length of hair. Most places around here don't charge more to for cuts based on long hair, it's color, style, and perms that cost more for obvious reasons.

However, no person should be rude enough to point out split ends.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 8:09 PM on Mar. 6, 2010

• She said the stylist should have cut off your split ends when she trimmed your hair? What does the lady think happens when you get your hair trimmed? Why was she examining your hair? And commenting on it like that? LOL! Maybe you should have told her that she should have had her teeth whitened last time she got them cleaned.
    Anonymous

• thanks for the response's .i'm wondering why in the world I was charged so much -but o well. I cut off 10 inches myself and it looks great and thanks again
    momof4kids257

Answer by momof4kids257 at 4:35 PM on Mar. 9, 2010