Why Won't God Heal Amputees?

People are always saying God healed their cancer or prayer help heal whatever illness. So why doesnt God heal amputees? If God is so powerful it shouldn't be hard for a God to heal an amputee. I mean salamanders can grow back limbs. Does god just ignore amputees prayers?

rebeccamata87

Asked by rebeccamata87 at 1:46 PM on Mar. 6, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• you are comparing apples to oranges.
    Humans live for much longer than salamanders. We are also on a bigger size scale.
    mrsjosey1018200

Answer by mrsjosey1018200 at 2:00 PM on Mar. 6, 2010

• A very interesting question you ask op... I looking forward to seeing some of the answers...

mrsjosey, how is the op comparing? she is simply asking why does God chooses one prayer of healing over
    another....
    If He can heal one why not the other..?
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 2:03 PM on Mar. 6, 2010

• If He can heal one why not the other..?

Well if you believe Scripture....
    Because a new part would have to be physically made. Even in the Bible, when a new body part was required, Jesus physically "made" the part. (See John 9:6) Well Jesus is gone now, and God isn't coming down here so, no new parts for people.
    Anonymous

• He is healing them... just its not widely known yet. It is called a creative miracle. Faith has a lot to do with it and so does believing that God can do it. If He can raise the dead he can heal amputees .
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 2:37 PM on Mar. 6, 2010

• Shane ,,, No disrespect my dear, BUT if I saw the 'Dead" walking around I would be a bit freaked out...
    And where is the current proof that the Dead have been risen?
    Just curious...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 2:44 PM on Mar. 6, 2010

• The dead will be risen one day and it will be wonderful. I cannot wait to see my mom again, healed, with no cancer. there will be a day where the sick will be cured, the paralized will walk again and the amputees will have their extremities back.
    Anonymous

• Keep on hoping, anon. Right up until your dying day, keep the dream alive.
    Anonymous

• There's healing and then there's healing. It depends on how you view healing. My great grandmother was "healed" of her cancer and suffering by dying, DH was "healed" by a doctor who knew what he was looking at and could perform the surgery, etc. All in response to prayer for healing. Then there's emotional healing. So and so was "healed" of the pain they had when a loved one died. Maybe the amputees were "healed" in that they were able to accept what had happened to them, and to turn it around into something wonderful.
    gmasboy, Shaneeagle is referring to several passages in the Bible where people who had died were brought back to life (the Shunnamite woman's son, Jesus raising various people in the NT)
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 3:57 PM on Mar. 6, 2010

• I am doubtful that God healed anyone's cancer, etc. and I am sure re-growing a limb would be imnpossible,Actually this question made me laugh and I am not even sure if you are being serious,..... or being funny?
    Anonymous

• Because God also requires us to have faith and to accept what is.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 4:30 PM on Mar. 6, 2010