Don't You LOVE How...

...When you ask a Q or make a statement that does NOT include the words 'ALL christians' they still quote it as such, claiming that you bunched them together using the inclusive term 'All'. As in, each and every one?

(now I clearly give you the disclaimer that not ALL, but MOST do this- just to clarify- so, saying otherwise will now make you look like an idiot)

ObbyDobbie

Asked by ObbyDobbie at 3:40 PM on Mar. 6, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• As you have been told before when you say "why do Christians" the "all" is already implied. You need to be more specific if you don't want to misunderstood. Like using the word "some". For someone who seems intelligent I would think that you would know this. Our language does have implied words in it.

oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 3:50 PM on Mar. 6, 2010

• Oh give it a rest. Any time I see anybody make a statement on here about the Atheists they have had experience with doing "XYZ" some Atheists gets all up in arms for the same exact thing. This is not exclusive to any group of people, it's annoying regardless who does it, but it's silly to try to paint one group as doing it more than others or to try to put one group down for it when EVERYBODY at one point or another is guilty of it.
    Anonymous

• ya know... you are going around saying how christians (in whole or in part, mind you) are getting all in a tizzy over things. if you dont specify "some" christians it seems as all christians. generalizations aren't fair really. by the way, you have been complaining and complaining about christians... don't you have something better to do than ask all these totally pointless questions?
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 3:51 PM on Mar. 6, 2010

• I agree with the above. You do need to keep in mind as well that we don't have tone or body language ect. to go on to gauge intent, it's easier to err on the side of caution and make sure your questions are posted as specifically as possible. At least that's been my experience and I try to do just that. to avoid misunderstandings.
    Anonymous

______________________-
    Just like Christians tend to lump all others into one, suck it up... life's a bitch ... deal with it... or as it is well know...
    If the shoe fits...
    Anonymous

• How about people smarten the hell up and realize that everyone is an individual? Unless you know ALL christians, then you have no right saying that MOST do anything. I'm sure that whatever you are claiming those christians to be guilty of is something found just as much with every other religion or belief out there. There is no way to say that most of any kind of people do a certain offensive or inappropriate thing. It's just plain offensive and personal, no matter who or what you are referring to, but especially when you are referring to a religion. So why don't you stop stereotyping people? That's a better question.
    Anonymous

• Um again not all Christians lump others in groups together. Most of us understand that everyone does not believe the same. So, in all groups you fanatics that make the group as a whole look bad.
    oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 4:02 PM on Mar. 6, 2010

• I wonder why it is any of your business what "most" christians do in the first place. I can't imagine spending my time complaining about what "most" Hindus do or what "most" Jews do. That's just really pathetic.

And by the way, placing anyone in a category is unflattering. As is insulting someone else's life beliefs.
    Anonymous

• Honestly the same can be said of any group of people reading a question. If I started a question as atheists... I'm sure many would read it to mean all atheists.  Why do you feel this is just a problem for christian questions?

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 4:28 PM on Mar. 6, 2010

• LOL, yes gotta love it.

Ive noticed that happens with most categories here tho, not just religion. Even if you say most or some they still attack as if you said all.

Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 4:39 PM on Mar. 6, 2010