How can I get my husband to lose weight without nagging him?

He is so over weight that having sex is horrible. I need to lose weight too and I try to walk but he never wants to come.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:42 PM on Mar. 6, 2010 in Health

• Do you do the grocery shopping and meals? If so start with that. Don't buy junk food and cook healthy. Stick to the outside isles. Fruits, veggies and lean meats. No nagging involved :) Don't forget to drink your water too!
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 3:45 PM on Mar. 6, 2010

• Cook healthier and pack him healthy lunches. Lead by example!
    Melissa823

Answer by Melissa823 at 3:50 PM on Mar. 6, 2010

• sounds like remove all food from the house that isnt healthy time. most men eat what we provide hmmm?
    and maybe a Dr appointment?
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 3:53 PM on Mar. 6, 2010

• That its better for his health for him to lose some weight so he can live longer for you guys.
    kimaam

Answer by kimaam at 3:54 PM on Mar. 6, 2010

• I agree, start cooking and packing him only healthy foods. No red meats, only chicken and fish. Meals made with mostly vegetables, and incorporate yourself instead of making him feel like he's being targeted. Be encouraging and tell him WE need to start being healthier. Ask him to go walking with you 30 minutes a day or more.
    Anonymous

• You can also tell him that he squashes you during intercourse cause hes to fat! and you cant enjoy it that way!
    Anonymous

• Ive always wondered how fat people do it to have sex. For example my friend, she's skinny but her husband is so freaking fat and they have two kids, she just had the baby girl two months ago and I wonder how did he do it to stick it in her, isnt his fat belly in the way of her vagina, hmmm.
    Anonymous

• Start crying....tell him that your scared for him and you and you want to have a full/long life. With all the health problems with being overweight it scares you that either one of you may die early or have diabetes etc.
    These are valid concerns even though they may not be your main ones :)
    I tell my husband both our bellies are round so we may need to lose some weight lol
    Anonymous

• Make healthier meals, cut back on butter etc while cooking. He won't even know it.
    mommorgan

Answer by mommorgan at 4:00 PM on Mar. 6, 2010

• I would start with simple changes.
    Don’t buy junk food
    Every evening, take a walk, or do other exercise, for at least 20 minutes a day, at least 3 times a week.
    Make sure that you are both drinking enough water, at least 8 8oz glasses a day.
    Serve a big, colorful salad before dinner.
    Serve/eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables a day, in at least 3 different colors.
    Serve/eat 5-6 servings of whole grains a day.
    Serve/eat at least two servings of legumes a day.
    Cut way back on,or eliminate meat and dairy.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:43 PM on Mar. 6, 2010