Children's Salvation

Since children before the age of accountability have their salvation dependent upon if their parents are saved or not, how does it work? If a child is taken from his/her birth mother/father and put into foster care or adopted is it that person's status if they are saved or not? How would it work in foster care since they move around ALOT? Or does the burden lie with the birth parents? Cause if the child dies and is in the care of a christian God loving/fearing family but their actual parents are not saved do they go to hell or heaven?

rhanford

Asked by rhanford at 3:54 PM on Mar. 6, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• What the hell is with all the Jesus-freaks today?
    Do you really want to think about babies and children going to hell today?
    Anonymous

• i am sorry, last time I checked God does not base CHILDREN being saved on thier parents being saved. Can you show me PROOF of such from ANY bible? cause that is something i have never read. period.

children before the age of reason are God's own, they have a free pass till they are old enough to understand to choose.
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 3:57 PM on Mar. 6, 2010

• seriously, this type of BS post makes me sick. just SICK. i hopeyou are being sarcastic or something.
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 3:59 PM on Mar. 6, 2010

• No I'm not being sarcastic... I don't know of any scriptures that speak of this but I know Ellen G White speaks of this in her books.
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 4:00 PM on Mar. 6, 2010

• OK you gonna listen to GOD or man? seriously. what propaganda to pass around. Children's salvation is NOT based on the parents salvation. maybe learning to read the bible and think for yourself would be better than listening to this apparent NINNY
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 4:02 PM on Mar. 6, 2010

• Well Ellen G White was the prophet of God. HE spoke to her in visions...
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 4:03 PM on Mar. 6, 2010

• errrr OK. just to letyou know, dont drink the flavoraid or koolaid ok?
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 4:04 PM on Mar. 6, 2010

• How would that be very fair if God based children's salvation on thier parents? I've never heard of this before. I don't think God would be just or merciful if that's the way he did things. That's why if a child dies before the age of accountability that child isn't damned because of it or because of anyone else.
    Men will be punished for thier own sins.
    I'm not sure what church you go to, but there's some serious misinformation going on!
    Anonymous

• CHILDREN ARE INNOCENT.. they are born with the PARENTS' sin, not their OWN sin. Until the point where a child can know right from wrong and is developed enough to make their own religious choices, I believe they go to heaven. Somewhere between 13-15 I would say, dependent upon the child. God will not condemn someone to hell for sins someone else committed. I know catholics believes children have to be "baptized" as an infant just in case to be saved (at least as far as I know).

And um... there are NO MODERN DAY PROPHETS... none whatsoever after Jesus. If she claims to be a prophet, she is full of it and is a false one. It is complete crap.
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 4:10 PM on Mar. 6, 2010

• Let me see if I get this. If a child is born to non believing family they're already damned if they don't find God on their own before the age of reason? Nope sorry don't buy it. If you've never been exposed or taught about God to reject Him or accept him. God's mercy then come through. In other words unless the child Damion all children are taken to heaven if they die before the age of reason. Or the age they accept or reject on their own.

oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 4:12 PM on Mar. 6, 2010