Has anyones son who wasn't circumsized had their foreskin forcibly retracted if so was there a reason and what did you do? Is your son ok now?

uncircumsized toddler mistreated by doctor

gingermomm

Asked by gingermomm at 3:59 PM on Mar. 6, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• is there a link to an article i assume in this?

i have never allowed ANY Dr to manhandle my sons parts without me standing within practically inches. I inform every Dr my son comes in to contact with that he is not circ and they are NOT to retract his foreskin. period.
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 4:01 PM on Mar. 6, 2010

• Yes! Happened to my son when he was three....as I remember the nurse who did it was trying to insert a catheter. It split his foreskin. Made it difficult and painful for him to urinate. I ended up having him circ'd.
    benjamink

Answer by benjamink at 4:07 PM on Mar. 6, 2010

• If any one ever tried this then I would be suing them. There is NEVER a need to forcibly retract a boy even for a catheter because there are other options to a cath. Anyone who comes near my boy is told in no nonsense terms that they are NOT to touch him or do anything other then wipe the outside. This is the main reason intact boys have issues. When forcibly retracted it can cause a whole host of issues.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 6:24 PM on Mar. 6, 2010

• Thank you ladies! We are taking our son to a pediatric urologist this week to make sure there is no permanent damage and we have acted against the doctor who did this.
    gingermomm

Answer by gingermomm at 2:44 PM on Mar. 16, 2010