my 4 month old will only sleep with me

we cosleep at night, but shes starting to only take naps if i lay with her. if i get up she wakes up.

even at night, if i leave the bed to pee she will start crying in her sleep.

...? i'm laying with her now so she can get some rest, she is so tired and cranky.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:47 PM on Mar. 6, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I'm a fan of co sleeping except when it forces couples to sleep apart...I don't think thats healthy. You might consider training her to sleep in a crib next to your bed if you have room. But in her own room if you don't. Co sleeping babies WILL sleep in other ways but you have to use methods to get to that point. When I trained my dd to sleep in her own crib she cried for just 10 minutes the first two nights, then after that she got used to it and didn't cry. Consider giving that a try.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 5:50 PM on Mar. 6, 2010

• mine as well, except she is good at sleeping during the night. I just learned to deal with it. she only sleeps for like 30-60 mins 3xs a day anyways so its my down time. oh and mine is 6 months
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 4:55 PM on Mar. 6, 2010

• when you add half an hour of nursing every hour and a half that's a lot of downtime for me
    Anonymous

• I went through that with my first baby. You can't really sleep train until after 6 months because the part of their brain that regulates sleep isn't developed yet. I used to get things done in the day by BFing her and then putting her in her swing to sleep. If you have no other children or inside pets, I also use to lay her on a quilt on the couch to sleep...for some reason she'd sleep on the couch alone, just not in her bed.

After 6 months, you may want to read Dr. Richard Ferber's "Solve Your Child's Sleep Problems." It probably saved our marriage when our cosleeping baby took over.
    Anonymous

• thanks i did not know that- the six month thing

and yes my cosleeping has forced dad onto the couch.
    Anonymous

• Have you tried putting her in a swing to sleep?
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 5:13 PM on Mar. 6, 2010

• sometimes the swing works, sometimes it makes it worse
    Anonymous

• lol i've never let the baby cry for any amount of time
    Anonymous