Strawberries?

Will strawberries give my 14 month old the runs if he eats a lot of them like grapes? I have only found that he like grapes and strawberries for his fruit serving.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:58 PM on Mar. 6, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• probably... the only thing I could find that didn't do my son like that was cantelope. I sometimes buy the mixed fruit cups (the fresh ones not canned) and they don't seem to bother him either. Maybe it's because it's not just one kind of fruit...
    Jjoneslagrange

Answer by Jjoneslagrange at 5:01 PM on Mar. 6, 2010

• no strawberries are naturally iron fortified and iron helps to prevent diarrhea, grapes however will if eaten in large amounts.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 5:05 PM on Mar. 6, 2010

• It is quite common for babies to have a strawberry allergy. They usually grow out of it. I just found out my 17 month old daughter is allergic to strawberries because she ate a lot of them & an hour later her torso was covered in a rash. Later that evening, the diarrhea started. She had it for several days. Just lay off the strawberries until after he turns 2, then try again.
    carlye828

Answer by carlye828 at 5:16 PM on Mar. 6, 2010

• My daughter is 11 months old and ate an entire pint by herself the other day and she was fine. She eats them all the time and doesn't have any issues.
    imamommmmyyy

Answer by imamommmmyyy at 5:18 PM on Mar. 6, 2010

• usually a child has issues when they do not get enough veggies/fruit, and eat too much starch/meat (especially white flour, rice, pasta, etc) It takes the body a while to re-acclimate to how it is supposed to work after eating too much of the wrong things.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 5:31 PM on Mar. 6, 2010

• children under the age of six should not have conventional grapes or strawberries; they are extremely high in pesticides and can cause long term health issues. Since organic grapes and strawberries are incredibly expensive, blueberries and kiwi are much better options.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:37 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• Eating a lot of strawberries gives my son the runs, as well as grapes and apples.
    Amanda704

Answer by Amanda704 at 7:15 PM on Mar. 8, 2010