Would u be upset if this happened to your child?

This is purely hypothetical. I live by a high school and was thinking about this while walking.
When I was in HS there was a girl who was a lesbian that would make out with her gf. I could have cared less. But, lets just say that the school gave her detention, or even suspended her, for PDA even though heterosexual couples were doing the same thing. Would you fight it? Would you be upset? What would you do?
Im not saying PDA is acceptable at all, Im just saying if they punished these girls for doing what other couples were doing would it upset you? And I dont want to hear your child would never be gay. In this scenario they are so if you dont think yours ever could be this question doesnt pertain to you :).

jajumommy2000

Asked by jajumommy2000 at 5:32 PM on Mar. 6, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I would fight it!
    Anonymous

• I would fight it if others were allowed. No PDA of any kind is allowed at any of the schools here, both kids would get in trouble. But, yeah I would fight it..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 5:36 PM on Mar. 6, 2010

• I would deffinetely fight it to the end!
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 5:37 PM on Mar. 6, 2010

• I would be upset- first of all with my child for pulling a PDA in the school, but also with the school if they singled out a lesbian couple while giving all others a free pass.
    I would make my child serve the punishment, and then together with her would take it to the principal, the board, the media, etc. to point out the difference in treatment.
    Anonymous

• My daughter told me the other day that she might be a lesbian when she grows up....LOL! She heard the term lesbian a few times, & instead of hiding reality from her, i explained to her what a lesbian is. Well, she thinks boys are gross, so she MIGHT be a lesbian (i dies laughing). As long as she is happy, i don't care who she kisses, so yeah...i would be totally pissed off & i would fight it if this happened to my girl in school.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 5:40 PM on Mar. 6, 2010

• Whether it was with a girl or guy I would fight it because my child wasn't being treated fairly. Yes I would still recommend punishment...both at school and at home. But I would also aggressively encourage the school to be fair and punish ALL students for PDA, regardless of homo or heterosexual relationship.

MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 5:44 PM on Mar. 6, 2010

• It wouldn't be fair.
    But I would be uncomfortable with most PDA's and especially about two girls. ewwww....
    Anonymous

• I'd fight it, for sure! That's utter discrimination. We have enough of that with the gay marriage issue..and THAT is ridiculous.

Equal rights for all, dammit!
    ajtherad

Answer by ajtherad at 5:52 PM on Mar. 6, 2010

• If it were just the gay couples being singled out, you bet I'd be fighting it.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 5:55 PM on Mar. 6, 2010

• i think PDA in school doesnt belong. period. but if they picked out a lesbian couple and didnt enforce the rules on hetero couples the school would be in for a fight i am sure
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 6:23 PM on Mar. 6, 2010