I have been having a glass of wine with dinner thinking it was ok. Am I wrong to think this is ok?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:47 PM on Mar. 6, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I'm assuming youre asking this because you are breastfeeding? Details?
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 5:51 PM on Mar. 6, 2010

• NOPE. Even if you ARE breastfeeding. One glass is fine.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 6:01 PM on Mar. 6, 2010

• just make sure you have pumped some for any night feedings so the booze can process out of your breast milk
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 6:12 PM on Mar. 6, 2010

• booze doesn't go to breast milk because it's not digested...it goes directly into your bloodstream...it wouldn't touch the baby
    Anonymous

• No it is absolutely fine. Have your glass of wine just not the whole bottle.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 6:17 PM on Mar. 6, 2010

• One glass of wine is totally fine. No need to pump, no need to worry.
    madelyns_momma

Answer by madelyns_momma at 6:36 PM on Mar. 6, 2010

• "booze doesn't go to breast milk because it's not digested...it goes directly into your bloodstream...it wouldn't touch the baby"

Please go take an anatomy class. PLEASE. Milk is made from nutrients in the BLOOD. So, yes. The wine will get to the baby. However if you're safe to drive you're safe to nurse. IMHO I wouldn't have a full glass every night but I don't think it'll hurt if you do. If you can, nurse then have your wine then wait 2 hours and then nurse.

Also, one glass=5oz.
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 7:59 PM on Mar. 6, 2010

• You don't have to pump and dump or not nurse the baby. Safe to drive safe to nurse. ESPECIALLY if you are drinking the glass of wine during a meal over a period of time, your liver will process it out.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 10:54 PM on Mar. 6, 2010