Ellipticals?

I'm considering buying an elliptical and don't know that much about them. If anyone has any information or advice I'd love to hear it. Do you have one or used one? If so, do you like it? Which brand and model do you prefer? Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:22 PM on Mar. 6, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• all ellipticals are exactly the same workout wise haha...you don't need a fancy one thats gonna break the bank...the simplest one will give you the same results as the expensive ones
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 6:29 PM on Mar. 6, 2010

• They all ride differently. The stride length and the adjustments on the foot pads really mattered to me. I had a SOLE and I loved it. Lost it in a house fire. Very very upsetting. The stride length was one of the longest ones I found. I'm very tall. I also like a longer stride because it works my butt more. The foot pads tilted in or out or were parallel with the ground. I could adjust them to get slight changes in my hip muscle stimulation and for my balance.

If you can go somewhere and get on it and feel the stride length and the different resistance levels and play on it first, you'll be happier. Even if you order it on line or buy it at another store. Don't feel bad about testing the equipment yourself.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 11:31 PM on Mar. 6, 2010

• I've used them in gyms and they are good but I also cross train with treadmill and stair-steppers as well.
    musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 10:59 AM on Jun. 28, 2010