Walking, does it count?

My son is 15 months old on the 12th & has finally started walking throughout the day instead of just when he's sleepy & not paying attention. He took his first steps shortly after he turned 1 but showed little interest in using walking as his main way of getting from A to B until about a week ago.

So...my question, do I say he started walking at a year or 15mos? This past week he's been walking like 70% of the time & crawls the rest of the time.

Thanks girls <3

ours

Asked by ours at 6:43 PM on Mar. 6, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Why does it matter WHEN he started walking? He's walking NOW, and that's what is truly important! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 6:47 PM on Mar. 6, 2010

• It matters to me. I'd like to be able to tell people things like that when they ask me instead of shrugging my shoulders & saying, "I don't really know".
    ours

Answer by ours at 6:53 PM on Mar. 6, 2010

• Then say he started taking his first steps at 12 months, and now is walking proficiently at 15 months.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 6:59 PM on Mar. 6, 2010

• weell if he was walkiing before, then i would have said he chose to crawl instead of walk when he was a yr, but he started walking a lot more around 15 months.
    mrsjosey1018200

Answer by mrsjosey1018200 at 7:00 PM on Mar. 6, 2010