Not sure what I truly want anymore.....

I am 35, divorced with 3 children, and I don't have any idea in which direction I am headed. Between the custody battle, working PT at a burger & custard place(not real rewarding!), and not sure what is that I am looking for, I feel like I have nothing to look forward to. Everything I used to love doing, I don't anymore. And yes, I am on Zoloft. It seems like every time I get excited/happy about something, BAM! Something/someone tears that feeling from me! I have tried "finding" God, but that hasn't gotten me anywhere.(I'm even a member of a church, but there are SO MANY hypocrites sitting there, that I am just repulsed!) Anyone else going through this confusion?

My3RaysofSun

Asked by My3RaysofSun at 7:00 PM on Mar. 6, 2010 in Health

• Have you thought about going back to school? Your only working part time and could take a few classes.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 7:19 PM on Mar. 6, 2010

• I am also a single mother of three children. mine are all under the age of 5. at one point i felt so lost that i just didnt know where i was going to go with my life. but as difficult as it was i went back to school. to be a pharmacy technician.... it was the only thing that didnt require me to deal with needles so i thought heck why not.
    It was hard to wrap my head around the thought of going back to school, working and taking care of my son... i thought it would take forever!!.
    i dont know how helpful that was but maybe you can find some type of short term school program.
    ive never been married so i cant help you in the divorce thing but im a stronge believer of the power of positive thinking :-)
    open your heart to the posibility of your life turning around and eventually it will happen..... i feel like im no help right now and im sorry i couldnt be more helpful.... but things will get better :-)
    Anonymous

• Hugs! I'm sorry you are having so many problems right now. I think alot of what you are going through is normal when your life has been turned upside down. Divorce is a hard thing to go through,sometimes I think was one of the worst times in my life. Sometimes what helped me was acknowledging that my life sucked, and then counting my blessings out loud one by one. I think if you can go back to school that might help because your job is not going to make you feel better. God doesn't need to be "found", he is already there waiting for you to talk to him. Spend as much time as you can just enjoying your children they aren't little all that long. Message me if you need to vent, I'll listen.
    CorrinaWithrow

Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 7:37 PM on Mar. 6, 2010