C-section moms, whats up with you?

Haha... Okay, now that i have your attention, I have a serious question or maybe a few. I've had 3 c-sections so relax, I'm not a c-section nazi!

1. If your obgyn told you that your baby was in distress, had the cord wrapped around his neck, the heartrate went down, etc etc... would you do an emergency c-section? I would, i wouldnt risk it but other moms on here flip out about having a c-section for these reasons!!
2. Would you have a repeat c-section automatically after 1 or what about after several?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:03 PM on Mar. 6, 2010 in Pregnancy

• i would have a csetion if it was a life or situation. but i wouldt have a c-section cuz am too much of a chicken to push my kid out . and no i would try to have a vbac. i have never had ac-setion and i hope i never will
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 8:07 PM on Mar. 6, 2010

• lol... a chicken??? I would have much rather my child came out! There is nothing great about a 6 week recovery time...
    Anonymous

• i know some people that said the would never have ac-section cuz it hurts to push, um recovery from a c-section hurts alot more
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 8:12 PM on Mar. 6, 2010

• I would. I haven't had any c-sections, but I don't understand why people are so down on c-section moms. I think my vaginal deliveries were way easier than what you guys go through. I don't care how a baby arrives as long as he or she gets out safely.
    Anonymous

• i agree with anon. am not against c-sections i personally wouldt like to have one unless. my or the baby's life is in danger.
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 8:15 PM on Mar. 6, 2010

• Cord around the neck is not an emergency.. the baby does not breath air from the nose or mouth until after birth. All 3 of my kids cord was wrapped, one was wrapped twice. It is very common. So no, I would not have a c-section due to that. Even a knot in the cord will not be an issue until after the birth, by that time the cord is already cut and baby is breathing on their own. Now as far as the heart rate, did if fall below 100 at the "danger time" or at an expected time? Did it come back up to normal range? Did the staff try and reposition you, give more fluids or oxygen, all of these are natural interventions for this problem. See there is so many variables it is hard to give a straight yes or no... As for a VBAC, yes I would try IF I did not have an emergency c-section with an up and down incision. Vertical incision, yes, I would go for VBAC..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 8:17 PM on Mar. 6, 2010

• I had a c-section because it was an emergency after 30 hours of labor and 3 hours of pushing. She WAS NOT going to come out on her own. I don't EVER want another c-section, though. I'm going to try for VBAC next time around.
    christaberk

Answer by christaberk at 8:17 PM on Mar. 6, 2010

• I hope I never have to have one, but if I know that my baby could be seriously harmed if I didn't have one I would. I'm afriad that doctors are too pushy to do C-sections if anything comes up that could be a problem they want to do a C-section just in case. I'm wondering if it were thier wife if they'd make the same call.
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 8:18 PM on Mar. 6, 2010

• midnightmoma, don't talk out of your ass. Every situation is different, and a knot in the cord is dangerous. My baby had a knot in the cord and without that blood flow, he was born with no heart beat. He was resuscitated, but he has permanent problems from it. I wish I had done a c-section! I often wonder what he would have been like if I had known his cord was knotted and done a c-section. It may not be that common, but don't say it's no big deal.
    Anonymous

• I really hope I never have complications with labor honestly because I don't want to go through the c-section recovery. I mean, recovery from being torn "down there" isn't exactly fun but I'd still prefer it.

I would do a c-section at the last minute without question if my doctor said it was best, though. I don't claim to know how all these things work like the ladies who think reading several websites qualifies them to make these decisions without question. My doctor went through med school for a reason.
    mickstinator

Answer by mickstinator at 8:27 PM on Mar. 6, 2010