anyone with a baby who has had or has bronchiolitis

if you had to use alburterol breathing treatments did your baby cough more after starting? did your baby end up with asthma? i am on hold with my doctors office but they are closed so im trying to get ahold of a nurse i plan on probably taking him to the hospital tonight when DH gets home from work at 11 i just wanted to know if this is normal or could he have RSV im getting worried i dont know what to do my DS is 5 months old if that helps any

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:15 PM on Mar. 6, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my son had it 3 mts ago. no he doest have asthma. asthma is not daignosed till a child is a little older and had had 3 or more episodes of wheesing. i have asthma and so does my dd
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 8:29 PM on Mar. 6, 2010

• my baby had RSV she was only a month old. she was admitted to the hospital cuz she was so young. RSV and bronchitis is caused by a virus so theres really not much they can do. they will probably give her defibulator to help her breathe my baby is doing better now and shes 2 and a half months
    navajomama7

Answer by navajomama7 at 8:30 PM on Mar. 6, 2010

• OP here yeah i know you cant diagnose a infant with asthma but it can be a complication later in life i have severe asthma and had this when i was a baby and almost died multiple times but he has had a cough for along time it's just now getting bad and the weezing is showing up i just want to make sure he is going to be okay or should i take him to the hospital just in case he seems fine he smiles still like nothing is going on but then breaths really heavy and weezes coughs and sneezes i dont normally worry but this is starting to freak me out a bit considering what i have been through
    Anonymous

• If your baby is wheezing I would take him in to ER now....my son had bronchitis at 3 months then it turned into pnuemonia. They will prescribe an antibiotic if it is pnuemonia. Better to be safe than sorry is my theory. My son has been sick a lot since he was born 14 months ago and its no fun at any age. Good luck hun and i hope your lil one starts to feel better soon.
    leann74016

Answer by leann74016 at 9:20 PM on Mar. 6, 2010

• RSV IS a virus that can cause bronchiolitis - the inflammation of the bronchioles - which is even deeper than the bronchi and a more serious condition. If he is wheezing or has labored breathing then TAKE HIM TO THE ER RIGHT AWAY. it can be a serious problem .my son was in the hospital for 4 days @ 4 months with bronchiolits. he was wheezing. Listen a cold can turn into something much worse very quickly. No my boys never coughed more during a treatment....take him in.
    threeeunder3

Answer by threeeunder3 at 10:32 PM on Mar. 6, 2010

• My baby brother has RSV and now has asthma.
    As far as the breathing treatment they do cough more after a treatment because it breaks up all that gunk in their lungs, if you take him to the hospital depending on how bad he is they will either admit him or send him home with orders to increase breathing treatment or something along those lines. My baby brother had is several times in the first year of his life.

Do you or your DH smoke in the house or at all for that matter because that will make it worse. even if you go outside the smoke is still on your clothes and in your hair and as soon as you come in he will be getting the second hand smoke anyway. Is your house dusty if so dust to reduce the allergens in the air. Is the air where you live really dry or humid? that call all effect his breathing/
    lovemybabys1106

Answer by lovemybabys1106 at 11:25 PM on Mar. 6, 2010