My 18 m/o is suffering from seasonal allergies, what can I do for her to help her feel better?

I've already given her a warm bath, and I'm putting the essential oil "breathe" on her feet. Any other suggestions?

julipickle2

Asked by julipickle2 at 8:38 PM on Mar. 6, 2010 in General Parenting

• sorry, my son had to have a Rx allergy med when he was that age. Good news though, he did grow out of it! I guess it just took some time for his body to adjust.
    Anonymous

• Our pedi okayed children's Benadryl or Zyrtec.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 8:52 PM on Mar. 6, 2010

• My kids have had scripts since they were very small but a lot of people don't know that kids with allergies need to take the clothes off and bathe as soon as they come in because they have the pollen on their clothes, skin and hair.
    Zyrtec takes a few days to get in the system but that combined with Singulair has worked pretty good on my kids. Being that age, you need to ask the dr what to do, no bottle is going to give you dosage directions for anyone under 4 for sure and most likely not under 6 years old unfortunately.
    They have the liquid zyrtec in the stores, as well as the chewables, but you do need an amount to give and I highly recommend having allergy testing done incase there's things in the house that are being breathed or eaten/drank. I pulled up all of the carpet in our house and that helped wonders alone for us (and grossed me out seeing all of the dirt hiding under there and how nasty the padding is).
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 12:11 AM on Mar. 7, 2010