am tired of being alone

My husband works night shift and I am stuck at home with our daughter! I love being with her but he works 6 nights a week and I am getting burned out! He makes great money and I will not make him quit I just want to know if any other mommys are in my boat and if so how do they cope with the lonleyness

wantherout08

Asked by wantherout08 at 8:45 PM on Mar. 6, 2010 in Relationships

• aww honey, cant you kinda shift yours and your childs schedule around a bit to be on the same type he is on?
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 8:52 PM on Mar. 6, 2010

• hugsI'm divorced and alone 7 nights a week. I don't like going out so am home every night. Then again I'm always on CM too so I deal with my loneliness by socializing online when I am home alone. Goodness knows there is nothing on tv! I'm here if you need me

Answer by admckenzie at 8:52 PM on Mar. 6, 2010

• My hubby's currently on deployment so I feel what your going through! Have you tired making friends with other mom's near you? Thats what I've done and we have playdates and such! Its much better than be stuck in the house all day!!!
    jdbrown21

Answer by jdbrown21 at 8:53 PM on Mar. 6, 2010

• I am just so tired of haveing no one but my 2 year old to talk too! sounds whinny but I just can not get passed it! I feel like a train wreck sometimes. just do not know where to turn. I have no real family around and a few friends but they are all busy or with their husbands! i know I should be thankful for him working so hard to let me only work part time but it is hard no having him here with me. I tried the whole matching schedule thing but all it does is make the nights just as lonely because I am still alone and awake. Am I hopeless
    wantherout08

Answer by wantherout08 at 9:03 PM on Mar. 6, 2010

• My boyfriend is an otr truck driver, gone two weeks, home two days. So I definitely know where you're coming from. It is hard, and it does suck, especially b/c you know he's doing it FOR you. I'm lucky in that his job allows us tons of time on the phone, so it's a little less lonely than it would be otherwise. I just try to find things to do during the day to wear me out so I sleep better at night. I find the more tired I am the easier it is to fall asleep, so then I don't think about the fact that he's not here to hold me. I try to find friends who are in the same situation (or similar) to hang out with, so we can complain together and find things to do together. You're not hopeless. You just miss him, and there's nothing wrong with that. I also find coming on here helps, too...gives me something else to think about, at least for a while. If you want to talk, feel free to message me. It'll be ok. :)
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 9:35 PM on Mar. 6, 2010

• any way you can join a mommy's group?
    Anonymous

• single mom - no help from day one for over 6 years now...lonley as hell
    Anonymous

• been a single parent for 5 yrs. was married for 2 months but he was abusive & distant. we now have a 3 month old & 23 month old & he does nothing & lives 800 miles away. i rarely get lonely but if i feel lonely i get online either fb or cm. i am 26 yr old & dont want a partner right now.
    mrsary

Answer by mrsary at 10:42 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• Sounds like you just need a mommy free night. Best thing to do is set up a date night for you and your husband once a month. Not only will it help keep your relationship strong with your husband, but it also allows you to just be you for a few hours.

I also suggest, once a month going out with a girlfriend, kids free, and getting a mani or pedi, or just grabbing lunch to keep in touch.

Play dates are also nice because they allow you to interact with other moms and share any problems, either being a mom or otherwise. (even if it's silly, my blender broke this week, stories, lol).
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:25 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• Doesn't anyone take the time to develop their own personalities instead of depending on someone else's presence? Geez, find a hobby or something.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:25 AM on Mar. 7, 2010