Daytona Beach.. what do you suggest to do?

I will be going there in the next few weeks for vacation with my teen son and am looking for ideas on things to do there. Can anyone lead me in the right direction please? Thank you!

ronjwake

Asked by ronjwake at 8:59 PM on Mar. 6, 2010 in Travel

• http://www.daytonabeach.com/whattosee.cfm/mode/beach

This site has a list of things to do in Daytona!! Have fun!!
    rochellecole

Answer by rochellecole at 9:04 PM on Mar. 6, 2010

• Take him to the Speedway. There is a really cool tour where they take you out on the track. There is also a simulator and he can be 'part of a pit crew'.

There is a waterpark/giant arcade/mini golf/go-cart park called Daytona Lagoon.

There's the beach, of course, and we are just happy to be at the beach and to do nothing else.

Daytona is an hour from Orlando, so there's always Disney, Sea World and Universal Studios.

Have fun!
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 7:27 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• hang at the beach and go to RonJon's surf shop
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 11:05 AM on Mar. 8, 2010

• I'd drive up to St Augustine - it's beautiful and there are plenty of sights to see - it's about 40 minutes north of Daytona. RonJon's surf shop is in Cocoa and about 1 1/2 south of Daytona - IMO, not worth the drive unless you plan on going to Kennedy space center too. Orland is only about an hour from Daytona.
    I'm sure you'll find many things to do.
    I live in Florida and I still grab the tourist brochures in the lobby at the hotel.
    You can also check the website - www.FLAUSA.com
    PrttyMstng

Answer by PrttyMstng at 6:29 AM on Mar. 9, 2010