I am goin crazy it seems....ahh!

So my son stays with his grandparents either friday night or saturday night and has every since he was born. He always does great...sometimes sleep pattern gets a lil messed up but nothing major. Well today he came home with a lil attitude about him?! Like he could do whatever he wants whenever he wants...and now he is VERY tired and will not go to sleep. He is fighting hard...we are letting him cry it out, but he is still crying after 30 min. His grandparents are following everything we do so I don't know whats up? Just playing mom and dad maybe? I dunno. Any advice why all of a sudden my lil 14 month old thinks he can be mr. independent now.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:13 PM on Mar. 6, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Well after 30 min I would say something is wrong. maybe he needs a new diaper, teething, cold, hot. Pick him up and hug him for a min then check for a fever if fine tell him it is night night time. If he is still upset give him a bath.
    lovemybaby283

Answer by lovemybaby283 at 9:20 PM on Mar. 6, 2010

• OP here: I have made sure he wasn't hungry, wet, or thirsty...and when I pick him up he pushes away from me and wants back in his bed. He already had his bath tonight too. Daddy is in there now and he is quite now. I think he is just too used to me putting him to bed that he fights with me b/c my husband walks in there and its not a fight. *sigh*
    Anonymous

• Maybe he is getting ready to come down with something. My kids get really weird like that when a cold is getting ready to show it's self..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 9:49 PM on Mar. 6, 2010

• ugh...i hope not he just got over pnuemonia and a stomach bug :(
    Anonymous

• My little guy fights too. Try a movie if he won't calm down with daddy. Or just put him in his room and go to yours, my little man goes to bed if he thinks we do, sometimes.
    Ladyofthestones

Answer by Ladyofthestones at 11:42 PM on Mar. 6, 2010

• It could be that he just wanted Daddy, or it could be that he is getting sick, or it could be that he just go over being sick and isn't quite right yet.
    Anonymous