black people can get grants just cuz their black??

i have a friend getting a grant for something, and they're giving it to her just cuz she's black and female...can someone please explain to me why?? i mean i'm super excited for her but i'm confused as to why that's the only reason??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:32 PM on Mar. 6, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Minorities have special grants for them, because they are a minority and they are trying to make a difference in the world.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 9:33 PM on Mar. 6, 2010

• I'm curious as to when you say grant are you talking in terms of education or small business? Is your "friend" getting a minority grant? Please provide more details.
    CBMama06

Answer by CBMama06 at 9:34 PM on Mar. 6, 2010

• it's for a small business.
    Anonymous

• I don't think you have all the TRUE facts....
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 9:38 PM on Mar. 6, 2010

• Sad isn't it?
    Anonymous

• Ok there are grants, scholarships set up to aid minorities (African Americans, American Indians, etc.) They are put in place to aid or help out. For your friend's instance, it will help her business endeavors or in the case of scholarships for school to aid in obtaining higher education.
    CBMama06

Answer by CBMama06 at 9:41 PM on Mar. 6, 2010

• I am white and when I was 18 I got grants for college, so did both my white sisters..In fact I dont know ANYONE that didnt get grants

There are also grants for people from other countries for business'

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 9:46 PM on Mar. 6, 2010

• How ever at this point Whites are in the minority in this country. So perhaps she deserved this grant. I will tell you as a parent of a smart kid in a difficult college to get into we got no help. My kid was #1 in his class and had a 4.5 gpa (weighted) and a 4.0-- no grants would touch him. Luckily though. I suppose his parents will do what ever it takes to get him through his college years.. Next year add one more kid, then the year following that another in college some one is bound to help us out right? Or not, maybe the consensus would be I should have spaced my children differently.
    My feelings about your friends gift from the government is this, good for her.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 9:49 PM on Mar. 6, 2010

• you can get a grant in America for just about anything.....check it out.
    my2kids312

Answer by my2kids312 at 9:53 PM on Mar. 6, 2010

• How ever at this point Whites are in the minority in this country

No they aren't

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 10:05 PM on Mar. 6, 2010