Really!

I'm so sick of feeling like someones maid! I realize my MIL and FIL didn't have to let us move in, but really! It's ridiculous that the only time the house is nice, is if i clean. the dishes pile up, the toys are all over from all the grandkids. The bathroom we use as ours, was so disgusting,i cant get all the stains out...its bad to go in the bathroom to freshen up, and feel worse. I don't mind helping, but I can't stand doing it all! Sorry just a vent

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:35 PM on Mar. 6, 2010 in Just for Fun

• We were in a bad situation as such and had to move in with a family, it was the same. They had 8 kids there, so you can imagine. Anyway the solution was for us to finally move out.
    Anonymous

• is the show with the british lady rude awakening still on the air? maybe your household should go on it :)

are you the only one in the house that cleans at all? could you have a household meeting and ask that others help?
    I know you live there, but I think eveyone in a house should help out a bit if they can-
    you'd be surpirsed how much I can get done in a kitchen in just 15 minutes -
    a little bit of help is better than nothing and would help everyone -
    good luck-
    Anonymous

• I'm hoping maybe a month tops we will have the money...i've never been a clean freak, but this is much for even me
    Anonymous

• WAS JUST WONDERING WHAT YOUR MIL VENTING WOULD BE...............LET MY SON AND DIL AND KIDS MOVE IN, THEY NEEDED HELP, TRYING TO GET USE TO HAVING NO PRIVACY, TOYS EVERYWHERE, MORE DISHES THAN I EVER THOUGHT POSSIBLE, CRYING KIDS, UNGRATIFUL DIL WHO HAS THE NERVE TO LOOK AT US AS IF WE SHOULD CLEAN UP, OUR HOUSE IS NOT BIG ENOUGH FOR ANOTHER FAMILY, AND WHEN OUR OTHER GRANDKIDS VISIT ITS MADDNESS, THIS IS NOT MY HOUSE ANY MORE BUT WHAT DO I DO..............THEY NEEDED OUR HELP!!!
    Anonymous

• Wow sure hope that made you feel like a better person. And for your info, it was her idea for us to move here. I wanted to stick it out but thought,hey maybe this would be better! And privacy they never had! They always have the grandkids here, the toys our from them, Mine have a room to keep theirs in. And the crying kids are usually one of the others because they are spoiled. yes mine may throw a fit, but i control it. ANd I would have NEVER moved in if there wasn't room. The dishes, I do ours, i think its ridiculous i constantly have to do theirs as well. And yes i have the NERVE to think they should clean. They are adults! I have two kids and a husband to take care of. Not my job to take care of them as well. And we are gone as much as possible. I'm not taking over the house, just simply keeping it sanitary! Next time, if you just wanna be rude save your time
    Anonymous

• Stop cleaning up after everyone else. Take care of your own and be done with the rest and move out ASAP.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:35 PM on Mar. 6, 2010

• There are 2 sides to every story. I'm sorry you have to stay with them, try to make as pleasant for everyone as possible. Thank heaven you had somewhere to go. Hopefully you'll be out soon and finally have your own home the way you want. God Bless and Good luck.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:07 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• Learn from them what thier expectations from you are before you feel like you have to do everything. Clean up after yourselves and your kids and then help out with making dinner a couple nights a week and vacumming etc. You don't have to do it all, they live there too, even if you are living with them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:22 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• My mom and sis live together and offered up their one bedroom condo to me and my 2 children, my youngest is a 4 year old boy and my 14 year olds limbs are so long she doesnt know what to do with them :P so needless to say she is very clumsy. My children have broken so much of my moms stuff since we've been here, I feel horrible about it. But, I have to hold my tongue so many days and I hate coming home from work cause i know for a fact that all the cleaning that I did the night before after working a full day is going to be dirty again. Neither my mom or sis clean up after themselves and my sis barely does dishes. I take out the trash or it flows over and the bathrooms, floors and counters don't get cleaned unless I clean them. It's very rough especially since I am a clean freak but, I don't complain because if it wasn't for them, I wouldn't of had a place to go. Good luck with your situation, I feel ya girl!
    IAmFreeToDance

Answer by IAmFreeToDance at 12:33 AM on Mar. 7, 2010