is there anything wrong with....

drinking soda if its caffeine free?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:52 PM on Mar. 6, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Yep. It's not the caffeine that's bad.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 9:53 PM on Mar. 6, 2010

• girl when i was preggo i had pepsi ALL the time! i craved it...it's fine to have caffiene, just not too much. i did watch it more with my 2nd, but it could have been because by then all i was drinking was water with soda every now and then...and i craved vegetables with her..
    Anonymous

• It has a lot of sugar in it, so it's not THE BEST thing to drink while pregnant... like eating a candy bar! But no, not anything bad for the baby :)
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 9:56 PM on Mar. 6, 2010

• if you have GD (gestational diebetes sp?) i definitely wouldn't recommend it, with the sugar being high.
    Anonymous

• The "sugar" is high fructose corn syrup which is linked to type 2 diabetes. The caffeine isn't good for you. If you drink diet soda, the fake sweeteners are weird nasty chemicals that have been linked to all sorts of health problems. Also, sodas contain sodium and you don't need extra sodium if you are watching your blood pressure-- especially if you are worried about pre-eclampsia. They are acidic and hard for your body to digest.

Get a bottle of fizzy water-- plain un-flavored water with CO2 bubbles-- and put a splash of juice in it.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:31 PM on Mar. 6, 2010

• Once in awhile I think is fine, just don't over do it. I drank caffeine with my DD the last half of the pregnancy, I couldn't take it anymore! I was so tired and had to work, I needed a pick me up. I drastically had cut down the caffeine amt from before I was preggo though! And my DD was fine. No sleep probs or withdrawals after she was born or anything like that.
    jmpeskie

Answer by jmpeskie at 10:34 PM on Mar. 6, 2010

• Soda really isn't good in it's self....should probably just avoid it for the most part
    LogansMama09

Answer by LogansMama09 at 10:35 PM on Mar. 6, 2010