Help. It's my turn to make a cake for a coworker's birthday? What kind of cake should I make?

Please share your recipe and directions. Thank you

QandA

Asked by QandA at 10:04 PM on Mar. 6, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Bailey's Irish Cream Cake

Make a boxed chocolate cake mix, substituting 1/4 cup of the water with Bailey's Irish Cream. (the alcohol will burn out during baking). I chop up about 4 Andes Candies and add to the mix. Bake as directed. I frost with green tinted cream cheese frosting. Decorate with a couple cut up Andies Candies.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:11 PM on Mar. 6, 2010

• Pershaps something like this.

Anonymous

• This is a super super moist cake. Since the frosting is speckled, it is pretty enough that you don't need to bother decorating.

http://daniellecooks.wordpress.com/2009/11/26/gluten-free-pumpkin-cake-with-ginger-cream-cheese-frosting/

ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:22 PM on Mar. 6, 2010

• Better than Sex cake

Bake a German chocolate cake according to box directions. After it's partly cooled, use a wooden spoon handle or dowel or skewers to poke the cake full of holes. Pour a can of sweetened condensed milk over the cake and let it soak in. Pour a small jar of caramel ice cream topping over the cake and let it soak in. Warming the milk & caramel makes them easier to pour. Put in the fridge for a few hours. "Frost" with 8 oz of thawed Cook Whip. Top with drizzles of chocolate syrup & caramel, OR toffee bits (crushed Heath candy bars or the bag of Heath bits in the baking aisle), OR crushed Butterfinger, OR mini chocolate chips, OR you can leave it plain, just the white-ness. Keep refrigerated. German chocolate cake is a must, other chocolate flavors aren't as good. Best if made the day before you need it.
    Anonymous

• I'm with the pp, that is the most amazing cake!!!
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 1:13 AM on Mar. 7, 2010