What makes you think you have the right??

What makes ANY of you think you have the RIGHT, legally or ethically, to FORCE someone (EVEN YOUR TEEN) to have an abortion???

The most healthy time for a wome to concieve is between 16 and 35 years old according to the ACOG.

A 13, 14 or 15 year old girl would be outside that range but so would a 36, 37, or 38 year old women. Should we force them to abort too?

Unless I'm mistaken it is ILLEGAL in every state to FORCE anyone, including your child, to have an abortion.

My best friend's husband is an attorney and we just asked him about this because I saw in the other post several women said they would go to court to force the abortion. He said unless the child is 11 and under or has a very high chance (he said it would need to be 75% at the minimum in most cases) of not living through the pregnancy or birth than you would be laughed right out of court!

WHAT MAKES YOU THINK YOU HAVE THE RIGHT???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:38 PM on Mar. 6, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• Since when is 16 an appropriate age to have a baby? That's ridiculous. Doesn't someone else say it's between 25 and 35?
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 10:40 PM on Mar. 6, 2010

• A child cannot legally make decisions for themselves until they are 18.
    In the meantime, the parents hold their children's rights...they have EVERY RIGHT.
    Anonymous

• Women have a right to make up their own mind about abortion, no matter the age. I know when my 13 yr old was pregnant that's what the abortion clinic told me. No one, not even me, could force her to do something she didn't want to do. Of course I'm the one that had to pay for the child and all his surgeries and diapers and clothes and food and ....you get the picture. So her right infringed on my right to not have to be responsible for another child.
    Anonymous

• I didn't say it was "appropriate."

I said that was the "healthiest" time. I meant physically.

You do know the difference between "appropriate" and "healthiest" don't you SaraP?

Anonymous

• Are you aware of the risks that come with teen pregnancy? Physically that is? ACOG is not the most reliable source considering they don't hold OBGYN's accountable to have the shit they say.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 10:46 PM on Mar. 6, 2010

• Shut up, please!
    Anonymous

• 16 has been an appropriate age to have a baby throughout most of history lol. And no, 25-35 is not the safest time. By 25 your fertility is actually starting to decline a little bit.

The problem with this is that most parents DON'T take it to court, they use scare tactics and coersion to get their daughters to sign the forms, and no one asks her directly what SHE wants. That's totally wrong no matter how you slice it.

Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 10:47 PM on Mar. 6, 2010

• A child cannot legally make decisions for themselves until they are 18

Actually your not exactly correct. It's true that if a child is legally considered a child than no they can't make their own decision until 17 (most states say 17...not 18...check your states laws) BUT most states also consider a pregnant teen a LEGAL ADULT.

There for she COULD make the decision not to have an abortion or to have an abortion if she wanted to.
    Anonymous

• GOD people give this crap a rest! WHy do you post these controversal questions when the two sides will NEVER agree...GET A LIFE!
    Anonymous

• I don't think anyone has a legal right to force abortion, but sadly many teens are ignorant of their rights to keep the baby they are having and they feel forced to comply with their parents wishes.

I know a girl from my school who pressed into having an abortion by her mother. Her relationship with her mother was never the same again.
    potterpeaches

Answer by potterpeaches at 10:48 PM on Mar. 6, 2010