Can you get 1 last period after you find out you're pregnant?

Just wondering. I saw a very faint line on a test yesterday but soon after I took the test I was bleeding lightly, like a very light period, that has lated into today. Not sure what's going on, guess I'll just have to play the waiting game but I'm just wondering if anyone else experienced this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:44 PM on Mar. 6, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Some women have implantation bleeding. Some have semi-regular bleeding or spotting throughout their pregnancy and think they are having a "period." In general, bleeding is a sign you are not pregnant. Wait 3-4 days (which will suck and make you impatient!) and then test again.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:48 PM on Mar. 6, 2010

• I was seven weeks pregnant (just got the ultrasound picture the week before) and I started spotting and it lasted for 24 hours. It was very pinkish red and light. Called the doctor, he said not to worry but if I was worried to go to the hospital (it was later at night when it started) and I did. They did an ultrasound, did a pelvic exam to make sure I still had my plug (didn't have a clue what that was at the time) and that everything looked okay. That was with my oldest, never had anything like that with my youngest though. Found out later that my grandma had a "period" the entire time she was pregnant with my uncle. How very strange our bodies are!
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 11:03 PM on Mar. 6, 2010

• You may of have what you call a false postive. Call the E.R. or your doctor and let them and see what they say!
    Anonymous

• dont call the ER thats not what their, there for. if you think its an emergency then go to them. they have more important things to do then answer the phone!... and yes i bled for 2 mths thinking it was my period and didnt know till 8 weeks prego.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:25 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• When my mom was pregnant with my sister, she had (what she thought were) regular periods for three months.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:15 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• yes you can i have 2 kids and preg with #3 i bleed everymoth till my 6 month it not a period but its period like bleeding just tell you dr just so they now congrats
    klinemom2

Answer by klinemom2 at 8:38 AM on Mar. 7, 2010