spotting

this is my first pregnancy and I'm 5 weeks. I had sex with my bf last night and I went to the bathroom and I saw spotting the first was a tiny red dot and after that it was light pink and then brown then I stopped spotting. I am so scared I'm having a miscarriage. I spoke with an obgyn over the phone and she told me if I am having a miscarriage there is nothing I can do. She said it coulf be nothing or it could be something. I then read that light bleeding can be the beginning signs of a miscarriage. I looked on the internet and saw it could be implantation bleeding but I think U'm to far along for that but I read on a site that you can have implantation bleeding this late. I'm freaking out I don't see the doctor until the 23 of this month. I don't hurt I did have cramping like period cramping and I feel like my period is coming sorry this is so long I just need advice

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:45 PM on Mar. 6, 2010 in Pregnancy

• you will bleed heavily and it will be full of clots if you have a miscarriage...spotting is very normal
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 10:47 PM on Mar. 6, 2010

• A lot of times, early on in pregnancy, when you have sex, it hits the cervix, which is real senstitive at that time, which in turn can cause bruising (but no harm to the baby) and a little blood can come out.
    If it stopped you're most likely fine.
    My sis just had a miscarriage, and it's a LOT of blood that comes out, with clots, cramps and a backache so I doubt you're miscarrying. Try to stay calm about it!
    Anonymous

• It sounds to me like you just irriated the cervix or that your having a little implantation bleeding.

Implantation and hormonal bleeding can happen through out most of the first trimester.

When I was 4 weeks pregnant I went to the bathroom and when I wiped there was LOTS of blood, like the start of a period. I freaked out and went to the hospital. I knew there wasn't anything they could do but my doctor said she wanted me to go so they could draw HCG levels. That way by the time I went to my appointement (2 days later) they could test them to see if they were rising or not.

I now have an 8 month old little boy who, at the time, I thought for sure I have miscarried.

All you can do is wait it out but if you were miscarrying it would get heavier and you would pass clots.
    Anonymous

• Call your doctor or the E.R. let them know whats going on with you! Just to be on the safe side!
    Anonymous

• during my first pregnancy while me and my boyfriend were having sex, I started bleeding like very bad... it was really dark red and it was all over... there was no pain or cramping but i freaked out and started crying because i thought i was having a miscarriage ( i was only 14 weeks) I went straight to the hospital to get checked out... it was a long wait until they even gave me an ultra sound because it was at 1 am in the morning but I found out at 6am that my baby was fine... and it was just a small tear i got from having sex something to do with my uterus. And I had no complications or anything after that... It just happens sometimes I guess to women after sex... or during... and after that it was hard to have sex during the pregnancy any more because we were afraid that it was going to cause more bleeding...
    Anonymous

• thank you all for your feedback I feel so much better!!! I didn't start bleeding until after I had sex so maybe it's that. I can't wait until my march 23 check up so I can see for sure. I'll let you guys know what happens then. Thanks again! :)
    Anonymous

• Before I found out I was pregnant, I'd spot and cramp after sex and didn't know why. When I found out, I kept spotting and cramping after sex. My doctor told me it was fine, just an irritated cervix. If you aren't in any worse pain, no clots or anything, I'd think you are in the clear of a miscarriage at this point. They always told me that I could bleed within 24 hours of having sex but it always happened right after.
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 11:14 PM on Mar. 6, 2010