what do u think?

the best way to lose 50pounds?
to cut out all carbs or just eat right and extercise?
i dont know which one to do>?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:55 PM on Mar. 6, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• To get to and maintain a healthy weight, and set a great example for your kids, you need a healthy lifestyle.
    I would start with simple changes.
    Don’t buy junk food
    Walk, or do other exercise, for at least 20 minutes a day, at least 3 times a week.
    Make sure that you are drinking enough water, at least 8 8oz glasses a day.
    Eat an apple or big pile of veggies before meals.
    Eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables a day, in at least 3 different colors.
    Eat 5-6 servings of whole grains a day.
    Eat at least two servings of legumes a day.
    Cut way back on meat and dairy.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:16 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• i woudl start with a food diary. become concious of your food choices, figure out what times of day and what stresses will cause you to reach for and what type of foods. replace unhealthy choices with healthier ones, add in excercise and over time you will lose weight. i can tell you from my current experiences that slow weight loss that is steady and over time due to a lifestyle change rather than a DIET or rapid weight loss is more bound to stick
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 11:00 PM on Mar. 6, 2010

• Eat a balanced diet that includes lots of fiber and try to cut out refined carbs (anything made with white flour). You also need to cut your calorie intake by about 500 a day to lose a pound a week. And exercise will rev your metabolism as well as burn more fat.
    chocaholic888

Answer by chocaholic888 at 11:05 PM on Mar. 6, 2010

• eating right and excercising would help but if you want the perfect body then you will have to follow a prescribed diet by a nutritionist. and in my experience excercise does help that much if ur not dieting or weight training.
    weight training helps increase the body metabolic rate so u not only loose more while doing cardio but also while doing routine activities.
    happymum2010

Answer by happymum2010 at 11:15 PM on Mar. 6, 2010

• Personally I would forget the whole cutting carbs thing. All I did was eat healthier and excercise and I am losing weight with no problems, The only thing I pay attention to is calories and sodium. I dont so much count calories every minute of the day but i have a general idea of what i am taking in and I make meals with lower calories, i watch my sodium because honestly i hate water weight and hate the way i feel when i am bloated.

The way I see it is if you go on a no carb diet unless you live that way forever you will never learn how to cook and eat properly to maintain your weight loss so it just makes sense to learn now how to eat right and cook properly and add excercise that way you have made a lifestyle change and are not on "just another diet".

I have lost inches and weight and i am throwing away old clothes weekly, its easy once you make the change and commit to it as a way of life not a short term solution.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 11:48 PM on Mar. 6, 2010

• Eat clean. Exercise.
    Anonymous

• I used a nutritional cleansing product to lose 18 lbs last summer. It worked great and the weight has stayed away since then. Contact me for more info.
    mom2threets

Answer by mom2threets at 6:02 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• I recently lost weight with nutritional cleansing. I have an article written about it here:
    http://planned-diet.com/isagenix-nutritional-cleansing

Feel free to contact me if you want more info.
    mom2threets

Answer by mom2threets at 12:15 PM on Mar. 8, 2010