is this normal for a 9 month old?

is it normal for a baby that is 9 months old to still sleep 18-19 hours sometimes during the day? its not every day sometimes its like 16-18 hours or sometimes less then that but lately he has been sleeping 18-19 hours... a day

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:56 PM on Mar. 6, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I don't remember my son doing that. Doesn't mean its not okay though. Maybe ask his or her doctor when you can
    ILoveMuffins62

Answer by ILoveMuffins62 at 11:04 PM on Mar. 6, 2010

• sounds like a growth spurt. my son went through 3 of them before he turned 1. he would sleep ALL day, literally. he'd wake up to eat breakfast, lunch,and dinner and right afterwards he'd be right back to sleep. and he only had a bottle with a lil bit of baby food each meal. started sleeping through the night at 6 months, so before that he woke up for his midnight bottle but then went back to sleep then as well. just enjoy it while you can :)
    Anonymous

• Well, I started to say no, but it would be normal during a growth spurt, however a growth spurt won't last more than 72 hours. So if it continues, I'd call the doctor.
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 12:35 AM on Mar. 7, 2010