Can you get depressed in late pregnancy?

I am 37 weeks along. It seems like the world is combative with me. Everyone.

Like, my stepsister who I took into my home when she was 16 and put her through high school from 9-12th grade in two years, then she left for the army, she got preggies and I took her 11 day old home for 8 months til she got her stuff together. She visits my EX, and not me in 5 years now. Im offended a bit. Shouldn't I be?

You know how you tell people things in confindence hoping they keep it between you two, like having someone to" talk" to , no one EVER kept a secret for me, they always smear me and tell all what I am upset about. Yet Ive found several who keeps secrets FROM me.

Im encountering all these obstacles within a few days time frame , and MUCH MORE. Am I letting it get to me because depression may be setting in, or am I LEGITIMATE in being "left out" feeling from the world?

Not enough room here to type......

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:14 PM on Mar. 6, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Your feelings are legitimate, and should not be pushed under the rug or taken lightly by those around you. You're pregnant and you should express these feelings to those that are offedning you (calmly, if possible). I totally understand about the secret thing... happens to me all of the time. Pregnancy can cause a lot of depression and emotional ups and downs, and honesty it's probably just making your hurt feeligns hurt even more, so do the emotionally responsible thing, and confront the people in your life who are hurting you.Though it's not their obligation to tell you secrets, it certainly isn't right of them to tell yours.Your step sister really should keep in touch, though it isn't primarily her responsibilty to do. Reach out to her, I'm sure she'd love to hear from you, but is most likely very busy with her little one, and goodness knows what eles. Good luck with everything. :)
    lillys_mommy09

Answer by lillys_mommy09 at 3:09 AM on Mar. 7, 2010