Potty training tips

Does anyone have some potty training tips for little boys. We've been sitting him on the potty for about 4 days now and he has yet to do anything hes really happy about it, but it seems like as soon as I ask him if he wants to go on the potty he pees in his pull up and if we do make it to the potty he just sits there. lol
SO please help me!!!! What did you do with your little one

sep_10_07

Asked by sep_10_07 at 11:35 PM on Mar. 6, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• You may or may not have tried this, but let your son go to the restroom with your husband (if your married) when ur husband has to pee and have either daddy or you talk to him about how this is how we go to the potty when we need to pee....? I haven't hit the potty training years just yet but I worked in a lot of daycares. You may also just have to set a time for every 20 min and take him in there when the time goes off whether he needs to pee or not. Also you can do small rewards for using the potty like a sticker chart or a small piece of candy. This is what I have seen that works for kiddos in daycares :) Good luck!
    leann74016

Answer by leann74016 at 12:05 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• just let him go potty with his daddy it just will come
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:38 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• Here's a method that worked well for us: http://www.cafemom.com/journals/read/1182517/3_Day_Potty_Training

You definitely have to be committed, but it works if you are. I trained 2 girls this way (19 months and 18 months). It avoids the sitting on the potty waiting and waiting scenario.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 8:57 PM on Mar. 7, 2010