What do you give your kids for chores $ wise?

And what do they do for it. once week that is.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:36 PM on Mar. 6, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• My kids do thier regular chores, without compensation. I don't believe they should get paid to help out around the house, since they create the mess too!
    If they do extra stuff, then I give them a wage depending on the task. I don't pay by hour because some work harder than others. It's best just to pay them by job.
    Anonymous

• A roof over their heads, a nice room, food, love, and a good life... We don't pay our boys for doing chores. They empty the dishwasher, clean up toys, clean their rooms, take out trash, help dust and vacuum, yard work...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:42 PM on Mar. 6, 2010

• we dont. chores are a part of family life. you dont get paid to do them
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 11:46 PM on Mar. 6, 2010

• Uh.. whats required by law lol. As far as them earning money. They have a "Chore Chart", things that are REQUIRED of them. and then there is a "Money Chart" Those are things that IF they can do them without help, without being asked and before I get to them, they'll earn money for them.
    For example. I dump the trash, but if they can do it without me and without me asking...its $2.00 a bag. So on and so forth.
    Good luck
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 11:48 PM on Mar. 6, 2010

• Ours never got an allowance. Chores are something everyone did/does (2 are 23 & 22 and long out on their own and the other 2 are still in high school) around here to keep things running smoothly. As long as they did what they were expected to do, followed the rules and did well in school we had no issues giving them money to go out with friends and paying for them to have a cell phone. Once they started working that ended and doing all those previously mentioned things got/gets them freedom to go out, later curfews, etc..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:27 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• My dd is 3, she helps me with the dishes, and recycling. She also cleans her room, and helps me carry the laundry to be folded. Oh, and she puts her clothes away. She understands money, but I dont pay her. I expect my husband to help too. I dont get paid for working around the house, so she shouldnt expect to.
    mrsjosey1018200

Answer by mrsjosey1018200 at 12:29 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• Do you get paid for doing the laundry? Paying a child to do chores does not make sense to me.

Do you or did you have a job where you receive/received a paycheck? My daughter's job is going to school, and we pay for good grades.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:09 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• My kids (all 4 of them from my almost 10yo down the to almost 4yo) do chores. Whatever is required to clean up messes they made in every room of the house including sweeping, mopping, laundry (start to finish except the youngest who gets help but is expected to fold her own stuff), etc.
    They don't get an allowance from us for doing chores. They are just cleaning up after themselves. My dad pays them for doing extra stuff (like taking the trash out to the alley every day...I don't pay for that), picking up litter (I normally give them $1-$5 depending on how much they pick up...they do the whole block), shoveling snow, etc.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 3:03 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• i dont like paying children for things that are expected of them. i expect good grades...tht is what they should be doing, so they will not get paid for them.

cleaning their room and their messes are things that are expected of them...they will not get paid for picking up after themselves. i wish i had my SKs & DD do other things around the house, but since their time here is always changing its hard to get into a routine with the SKs and then i need to get in my own routine so i can teach it to DD (she is 20 mos).
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 11:42 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• I don't pay my kids for helping with chores around the house. They are expected to help as members of the family.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 8:25 AM on Mar. 8, 2010