Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do I make my step daughter's mother see that she is not what is best for her?

My step daughter is 6 years old and lives with her mother and her brother. However we get her on weekends. Her mother also has her best friend and her new husband living with them as well as her son and she is expecting. Her best friends ex, a co-worker and my husbands ex's son. Her son has a history of mental illness as well as her best friend. She constantly leaves my step daughter with this woman. Since getting with her boyfriend my step daughter has put on a strip show for a full grown man and her 16 year old brother. She has also given her brother a hickey. My step daughter has also became very interested in making everyone like her and she will do anything to please someone else. It is to the point now that I pray she is at least 14 before she comes and tells us she is pregnant. Her mother stood by and watched her roommate torture her brother because he was annoying her roommates son and did nothing about it.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 11:37 PM on Mar. 6, 2010 in General Parenting

Answers (10)
  • Call CPS, have them investigate..

    Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:45 PM on Mar. 6, 2010

  • Wow, if that is all true I think those are justifiable reasons to call CPS, as much as I hate to say that about anyone.

    Answer by LittleWeloosMom at 11:47 PM on Mar. 6, 2010

  • I am not a "call CPS" type of person. Most of the time, I dont think that CPS will do anything but in this case, I would DEFINITELY call. This is sexual abuse.

    Answer by jenellemarie at 12:06 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

  • I'm curious how you know all of this? If it's hearsay, then I'd be talking to the Mom, and the child.
    If you call, they will know it's you and now, if it's proven that the allegations aren't true, they have the option of filing charges on YOU... so make sure you're right before you do it.

    Answer by lisa_ann_p at 12:06 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

  • call cps

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:26 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

  • Well the strip tease and the hickey the roommate told me about because she called to get my advice on it. As for the attack on the brother a person in the house told me about it because he had to pull her off of him. As for all the people living there I have been over there.

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:26 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

  • You definitely need to report this. Some places have a way that you can call in anonymously. You have to do something to protect the child(ren) in that house.

    Answer by MommyOfCDLY at 12:50 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

  • Call CPS

    Answer by motherofhope98 at 8:44 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

  • Call CPS There is no more discussing this

    Answer by pinkdragon36 at 8:30 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

  • If this is true and not BS Take care of that little girl and that 16 year old no one is doing it right now!

    Answer by pinkdragon36 at 8:34 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.