Those of you on PA.....

Why is it that those who don't qualify think we live better? Think that we get pregnant for assistance, or that we don't they same to look good, or go out every once in while with our b-day money? You know what I think? I think they are jealous of what they think we have that they don't. What they don't realize is for most of us we Shop smart and cheap to get what ever we have. A lot of things we get as gifts, but I guess we aren't entittled to that cause we are on PA. It seems they think we should look like trash, eat trash, and all sleep in our cars. I mean seriously Most of us have jobs jobs, don't cheat the system, and get shit on because we try to have a decent life with decent things. I know some people cheat the system so if you know one why not report them and stop ragging on us for excepting help to survive.

hot-mama86

Asked by hot-mama86 at 12:17 AM on Mar. 7, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Not everyone on public assistance abuses the system, but there are some that do. Public assistance was supposed to be for help on a temporary basis not for a lifetime. There are some elderly who have worked all their lives and when they go to apply are turned down. Yet there are others who are young living off the system for years because they just can. There is nothing wrong with getting help but it should be for those that help themselves. Not for those who simply have no intentions of ever getting out and getting a job. Of course if you are young with a medical condition or something that seriously puts you out that you cannot work then that is a different story. I would think the system would help to make sure the ones on public assistance are out looking for employment. For the people who worked years and are now unemployed they still have to actively seek work in order to get their unemployment.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:34 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• you are preaching to the choir momma! LOL we are all lazy, cheating the system,must all be drug addicts, be also willing to totally give up any rights to privacy etc.
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 12:49 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• Lol. I am not on PA anymore. Thankfully, we haven't needed it for the past few years. But when I was, I can tell you I was not cheating the system and most of those that i knew on it at the time were not either. Being a young military family, we really really needed it. DH's paychecks were less than $1100 a month bring home pay when he first came in and we had our oldest son already. We did not have any real luxuries. We had the cheapest home phone plan, no cell phones, no internet, no computers, we had furniture we got at an estate sale, probably spent like $200 to furnish the house lol. My DS slept in a pack and play my mom bought for me because we couldn't afford a crib. We shopped at GoodWill when DS needed clothes. We ate cheap foods with the little bit of food stamps we got. We were NOT going out enjoying ourselves blowing money lol.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 12:55 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• OMG! Again? OP, don't you smoke? Is that a necessity? lol if you say anything to the effect of..it's my life, or why can't I have a vice, etc. Seriously, stop with the PA questions, it's a taboo topic that no one will ever agree on. Monotonous crap!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:28 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

First off not the point. Second off I can't afford ciggerettes so I don't buy them any more. My grandma get's them for. Plus just because some one is on PA Doesn't mean they aren't aloud to smoke, I started before being on PA and it's easy to quit you must be my stalker anon because that's the only one that still brings up don't you smoke. This was a post to those on PA, so go else where with your shit. K!!! Taboo or not doesn't mean those who aren't on it are the only who can post questions about it so bite me.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 3:23 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• Why do you think that everyone on PA is liek you? Why do you refuse to believe that people DO get pregnant to keep it, They DO abuse it, Just because someone says that someone does doesn't mean they are meaning you. Stop feeling guilty.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 4:24 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• I do know that some do that. What pisses me off is people don't say some. People say we should stop PA, that every on it should do this and that, and not do this or that. That is exactly what I said in my post, so you obviously are either feeling guilty or just don't bother reading.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 4:30 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• What do I have to feel guilty about? NOTHING. I am not on PA and I don't ever plan to be. I don't think everyone abuses it. These kinds of posts tho are what make some of you seem like you are guilty of something and you are trying to justify it. If you are doing NOTHING wrong then don't worry about what someone has to say about it. It obviously has nothing to do with you.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 7:36 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

***
    B-I-N-G-O!!!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:02 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• What happened? Did someone give you a dirty look in the store when you whipped out your FS card? People think a lot of PA recipients are cheating the system because many ARE. I see it every time I go to the grocery store. I know the difference between knock off purses and clothes and the real thing. I also see these same "poor" people climbing into new cars in the parking lot. So yes, milking the system does happen. If you have a job you likely would not qualify unless you're making $2.00 an hour. It's not that easy to get on so people lie. I have known so many who do this it's not even funny. If you're not doing anything wrong, though you really are protesting too much, get over what other people think.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:43 AM on Mar. 7, 2010