If your teenager (between 13-18) got pregnant or got a girl pregnant, what would you do?

Would you kick them out? Support them?

LogansMama09

Asked by LogansMama09 at 12:18 AM on Mar. 7, 2010 in General Parenting

• Time to get an after school job BUDDY!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:20 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• I wouldn't kick them out, but I would strongly encourage adoption.
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 12:22 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• No I wouldn't kick my daughter out. She would need to start being responsible though. I will not raise that child...she will. I'm not going to be in home nanny.

Hopefully I'll never have to worry about this.
    JessicaB86

Answer by JessicaB86 at 12:23 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• I had both happen. My dd got pregnant at 13 and my son got his 18 yr old gf pregnant when he was 16. What would I have taught them if I turned my back on them? I supported them but showed them how to be parents to their children and be responsible. I didn't raise their children, they did. Now they are adults and all has worked out well. We all learned from that lesson.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:23 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• Well, the deed is done, no taking it back. I would support them, but require that they be adults about it. THEY will be getting up at 2 am, THEY will be buying diapers and clothes, etc and I will expect them to finish school. I will be available for child care, but not for weekend parties, etc. I won't be devastated... I almost expect it lol. Teen pregnancy is kind of a tradition in my family, since at least as far back as my grandmother.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:27 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• You can't change it. It's already so I would help them, and teach them what to do now. We would talk about all the options and when they make their dissision I will stand by them!!!
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 12:35 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• I would support them. Teach them how to care for a baby, help them find daycare for the child when it comes so that they can finish school and work.
    MommyOfCDLY

Answer by MommyOfCDLY at 12:40 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• Never kicker her out thats for sure. I would be there to help though. If she was around 13 I'd likely just adopt the child as my own till she was old enough to care for the child herself. Kids have a hard enough time. I don't believe any 13 yr old is ready to be a mother. I'd rather take the task on myself and make sure my grandchild AND child are getting the best care possible. I would encourage her to be involved and do the best she could. But I would insist she finish school and work.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 12:47 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• support him? depended on his age. if he was 17-18 he would be expected to work as well as go to school. if he were younger i would expect to support him still fully with school as his main goal. i woudl of course support him emotionally. he would be going to parenting classes stat.
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 12:47 AM on Mar. 7, 2010

• I would support them 100%. I would watch the child while they were at school, but they would need to come right home to take care of the baby and take care of the child whenever they were not at school.

I had my daughter at 17 and my mother supported me completely. My fiance moved in with us and I finished high school. He watched our daughter while I went to school, my mother rarely helped. She was more than willing to help but she had taught me to be responsible for my actions at a young age so I avoided asking for help. I knew I could do it and that it would be hard.

I think if you raise your child properly they will take responsibility for their actions. You should be able to give them all the support in the world without them taking advantage.
    imamommmmyyy

Answer by imamommmmyyy at 1:12 AM on Mar. 7, 2010